We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach Wedding in Punta Cana?

Ontario
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Beach Wedding in Punta Cana?

Can anyone offer advise as to which resort may be the best for a great beach wedding? I see a lot of resorts have weddings in a gazebo...but this is kind of defeating the purpose of going somewhere with such lovely beaches...for a wedding. We are hoping for something in the late fall, 2007 (is there really only one judge for all of DR??? How on earth can they do all the weddings? Will we even get a date anywhere?) Thanks for any recommendations.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach Wedding in Punta Cana?

I can help you.

I am a destination wedding coordinator and I have done many beautiful weddings at Sunscape the Beach. The set up on the beach is beautiful and can be done many diffrent ways.

Yes there is only one judge for the Punta Cana Resort area, She starts doing weddings early in the morning at the Punta cana beach resort and works her way along the resort area finishing with Secrets Excellence at around 6:60 to 7:30 pm.

The wedding performed by the judge at Sunscape the Beach are done around 5:30 or 6 pm But you can have the resort cordinator perform the creamony much earlier and when the judge comes then you can sign the papers.

The weddings are free when you book a honeymoonsuit for 7 nights or longer but the setup for a beach wedding is $300.00 extra.

Here is some property information

Property Description:

Along one of the most magnificent beaches of this Caribbean island with turquoise blue waters stretching to the horizon, Sunscape The Beach offers a glorious setting for this spectacular full service resort. This beautiful resort is wrapped around an expansive, free form swimming pool that meanders from the lobby down to the beach and is complete with waterfalls, a swim-up bar and themed restaurants and venues throughout. Nine 3-story buildings provide intimacy and privacy yet easy access to all of the a la carte restaurants, lounges & bars, Spa & Fitness Center, Explorer’s Kids Club, & various sports, entertainment and entertainment facilities. For friends, families, and couples – the place for outstanding atmosphere, relaxation and hospitality is right here. Sunscape The Beach is the perfect getaway and is proudly presented in the luxury collection of “Summit Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.”

Located in Uvero Alto on the east coast of the Dominican Republic, 30 minutes north of Bavaro. 60 minute drive from Punta Cana International Airport & 75 minute drive from La Romana Int. Airpor

Hope this helps. If you need any more information please let me know. I have pictures and all the packages if needed.

All the best

Terry

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Uvero Alto
Uvero Alto
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
manchester
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach Wedding in Punta Cana?

Hi my girlfriend and me are thinking og getting married 2008 July sunscape the beach, hoping to get married on the bach have you got any pictures of the settings and can you buy extras for the wedding packages e.g. photos, champagne, there will be between 20 - 30 people.

Also do you know which hotels are situated next to sunscape as there will be family members (divorced parents) not on speaking terms, is the hotel big enough or would you suggest they stay in seperate hotels?

Kind Regards

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach Wedding in Punta Cana?

community.webshots.com/myphotos…

I have an album of info and prices for weddings at STB if you are interested.

I was just there and got some great shots that I still have to add to the album. I met with the wedding coordinator and many of the management staff.

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

pathtomt@aol.com

4. Re: Best Beach Wedding in Punta Cana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 16, 2009