We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigars

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cigars

i was hoping someone could tell me how much cigars cost in the dominican republic? cubans and dominican cigars. i am staying at the ocean blue. does anyone know if i can get cigars at the resort or a store close by.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigars

Hi,

We bought cigars at a store called Vivians in Punta Cana. My husband is a cigar smoker and said these are the best one's he's ever bought. Just ask your Travel rep at the hotel and she can arrange for you to go. Vivian also sells good quality jewlery at a very fair price (no bartering), rum, vanilla and coffee. Definately worth checking out!

My husband paid 30 or 35usd for 5 cigars in a box. She will give you a free one to sample while you are there.

Fell free to ask me any more questions about it.

wpgsunseeker

NJ
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigars

Where is this store you speak of?

Manitoba
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigars

Her card doesn't give an address other than: Punta Cana Bavaro (atras de AVIS). Phone # (809)853-6027 or

(809)552-1371.

You can call her or talk to your travel rep. and they will arrange free transportation. The store's name is L Torpedo but is commonly known as Vivians.

Hope this helps

wpgsunseeker

MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigars

Can you find out the name of the cigars for me?

Montreal,Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigars

I went to Vivian and bought some cigars. They are very good and at a good price! They are called L'Torpedo (the name of the store)

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
751 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigars

Does anyone recommend what kind of cigars to buy, and how to tell if they're "real" Cuban cigars?

Thanks

USA-Maine
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigars

Did you have any problems bringing cigars home with you? I was told that you were not allowed to bring them back into the States. Is this true?

Sault Ste Marie, ON
Level Contributor
502 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigars

Canucks can bring cubans in..."the good stuff'...no embargo, BUT cuban cigars are losing some ground. Good cigars from other areas are coming out. I would suggest the best cigars are the ones YOU like. Like wine, they're subjective. we like romeo et Julliett #2's in tube. Maduro wrapper, mello, chocolate, nice, Try some (good stores WILL let you try), and buy whatever you like. If you're shopping for someone else, don't listen to sales people, real cigar lovers, they know what they want. Check out prices...jr cigars, or some magazines & local stores...better than buying $200 worth of yucky cigars. Everyone has different tastes. I can't stand Ashton's, but they are pricey...good luck & good judgement!!