We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dilemma

Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
dilemma

After narrowing the trip down

Dreams punta cana & Spa

or

Dreams palm beach at punta cana

both 14 nights all inclusive

been to dreams punta cana before

Which would you choose and any benefit to upgrading to prefered guest

many thanks

lindy

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: dilemma

I have been to both Dreams Punta Cana and Dreams Palm Beach. The standard rooms at DPB are a fair bit larger. I found the rooms at DPC to be quite small.

DPC has more bars and restaurants, and I liked the layout better. For example, at DPC, there are three restaurants by the beach, with a bar in the middle of them. At DPB, there's one restaurant by the beach, and for breakfast and lunch, it's only available to Preferred Club guests. I enjoyed eating breakfast and lunch by the beach at DPC.

The bars at DPB have limited seating around them, and I can't recall any where you can actually sit at the bar. I preferred the Italian restaurant at DPB, but that may have just been the time I was there. I like the outside bar in the courtyard at DPC. At DPC, the 3 foot deep swimming pool is a bit shallow, but I like the lazy river style, and it has a bar at each end, and one half way along or so. You can get a quick, grill type lunch there too.

There was a rainy day when we were at DPB, and it seemed like two thirds of the resort were standing around in the lobby because of a lack of seating.

DPB has a white sand beach, and calmer waters. Some of my family have been there and said there was a lot of seaweed, but that wasn't my experience. DPC has an area where there's a lot of rocks or coral (something sharp) in the water. My friend cut his feet in the ocean.

DPB has a Preferred Club pool. I don't recall one at DPC.

There used to be a significant difference in travel time from the airport, but with the new highway, that's no longer a big deal.

Overall, I think my preference would be DPC, because of the breakfast and lunch thing and the bars. If they'd allow regular guests to eat breakfast and lunch at the Seaside Grill, and put some stools / chairs around some of the bars, then I'd probably prefer DPB.

Mark

Edited: 12:05 pm, July 06, 2014
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,827 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: dilemma

Have you considered a split trip?

Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: dilemma

Thank you

Like i previously said been to DPC

loved it

To throw more choice on

ive looked at dreams la romana too

have to say

dreams la romana

&dreams palm beach for 2 weeks x1perspn is £1189

for Dreams punta cana is £1249 x1person

seems like although ypur paying slightly more at Dpc

you dont have to join any club just to feel like you been treated like a normal person

thank you

Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: dilemma

Thank you

Like i previously said been to DPC

loved it

To throw more choice on

ive looked at dreams la romana too

have to say

dreams la romana

&dreams palm beach for 2 weeks x1perspn is £1189

for Dreams punta cana is £1249 x1person

seems like although ypur paying slightly more at Dpc

you dont have to join any club just to feel like you been treated like a normal person

thank you

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: dilemma

I would choose DPB over DPC ...but that's just my preference. Given the choice I would book DLR as its on my short list, the proximity to Bayhibe and I've heard fantastic things from personal acquaintances.

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: dilemma

Hola: Been to DPC and loved it. But given the choice for Dreams la Romana, I would jump on it. We have been to Dreams la Romana 6 times, and you really can't miss. We are going to Catalonia Royal this year for a change.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,812 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: dilemma

Two weeks at Dreams Palm Beach will likely have you going stir-crazy as it is such a compact sized resort. For that length of stay, definately consider the larger Dreams Punta Cana or their absolute best destination in the area, Dreams La Romana!

Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: dilemma

Thank you all for advice

can anyone advice if you have to become a prefered guest to eat breakfast etc in specific areas like DPB

or is it an upgrade from DPC which i really loved

thanks again

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
30 reviews
9. Re: dilemma

I agree with FF - I'd split the trip.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
38 reviews
10. Re: dilemma

You have one restaurant open for preferred guests for breakfast and lunch , the lounge and private pool at DPB. Like at DPC it is a nice perk but isn't necessary. I would also recommend a split trip.