We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secrets excellence no more?

venlo nederlands
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
secrets excellence no more?

can anybody explain to me why secrets excellence is no more called secrets excellence punta cana and secrets excellence riviera cancunbut thy named it now hotel excellence riviera maya and hotel excellence punta cana for the winter of 2007.is it a different hotelchain now? a new owner?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: secrets excellence no more?

Same owner, AMResorts managed the resorts and the owners decided they wanted to manage the resorts themselves. I would take a watch and see, AMresorts is a very good management company. The Excellence Group is untested.I have been to many all-inclusives that were poorly managed. AMresorts are building their own resorts now.

venlo nederlands
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: secrets excellence no more?

so we have to wait for results for booking next trip to excellence?

Northern Illinois
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: secrets excellence no more?

No you can book either resort now. You can do it thru Funjet, Travel Impressions, and Go Go Travel.

Northern Illinois
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: secrets excellence no more?

Here is an email address, if you want a quote directly from the Excellence Group : reservations.cun@excellence-resorts.com

reservations.puj@excellence-resorts.com

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: secrets excellence no more?

The Good News: A new Secrets is being built in Cap Cana (15 minutes south of the airport). This resort will be owned and managed by AMResorts, Inc.

The Bad News: The new Secrets will not be accepting guests until January or February, 2008.

Brenda :~)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: secrets excellence no more?

I think that when a new resort opens or a resort undergoes a major management change that even the best of companies undergo a 3 to 6 month break-in period. That is why there are such good deals to resorts when they just open or there is a major change. The Excellence group may be perfect from day one. When I say wait and see i like to see a few reviews first to see how the resort is operating, unless they offer a great deal where you do not mind putting up with a few start-up problems. Just my opinion.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: secrets excellence no more?

With only Secrets Capri to hold the name for over 1 year I wonder how the Secrets name will continue to be known.

I along with others think that all the Secrets posters should be emailed or telephoned when the new resorts are ready to be opened. What better way to break in the new staff than to invite the true Secrets fans in and work out the problems.

hehe. What do you Secrets freaks think?

Kevin

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: secrets excellence no more?

DD, I also agree. The first few weeks should be offered to past guests at a very good discount. There are always start-up problems and those guests that are loyal will write honest but fair reviews. When STB first opened, many parts of the resort were not done yet and they had many problems, the reviews were terrible. Having past guests there who can overlook those initial problems and write on what the resorts potential is. could be very valuable in the initial phase of the resort. I have mentioned this to people there.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: secrets excellence no more?

Kevin:

I don't know if I like being called a 'freak', BUT set up the stay with Marco at Cap Cana and Tom and I will be there. I am sure that Mike and Nancy and Terry and Serge will join us for the opening of Secrets Cap Cana.

Brenda :~)

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: secrets excellence no more?

That might be doable.

Mike