We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

Buffalo
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

no bugs, no face cloths,, no sickness,,,plenty of sun but windy,,plenty of cold Presidente.. Plenty of topless on the beach. BEACH IS AWESOME..get up early to reserve your chairs since this is busy season.. Food was pretty good and lots to chose from..bring a thermos type container..all resort staff is excellent while most nightly shows are not great..travelled with signature on skyservice no problems at all. representative at resort (nancy ) will try her hardest to solve your problems. Nancy is from Canada I'll try to answer any and all questions Enjoy yourself on vacation

New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

It all sounds great! We leave on March 3rd for there. Just wondering, what type of plugs do they have? I'm wondering if I'll need to buyy an adapter. Also did you have transportation to the resort arranged thru your travel agent? I booked my trip at Travel.com and hotel transfers were not an option with my package for some reason. I'm still a little unsure about actually getting to the resort. Do you have any suggestions? Did you spend alot of time at the Caribe or did you go to the other Barcelos?

bel air, maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

Yes. Hi! I found a great deal on the Caribe, but my husband wants to know what kinds of beer they serve at the resort. We went to a breezes last year and all they had was amstel. Any information would be helpful. thanks,

sharon

New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

How was the weather at night? Is it still windy at night too?

Buffalo
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

dustman323,,

The only beer at the resort is Presidente which is a dominican pilsner and i found the beer to be perfectly cold and delicious..

Buffalo
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

lori4,

depending on your proximity to the ocean at night ie: Steak house right on ocean, will determine the temp or feel of the temp due to the wind. The temperature was between 75 - 85 during the daytime and between 65-75 at night, about 65 degrees warmer than it was in Buffalo while I was in PC>.If you've never been to PC before you will LOVE it. Don't get stressed out about anything....

Buffalo
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

Lori4,

I will try to ans all of your ??. Just let em fly...

Transportation-- Our travel agent to0k care of this. The resort is only 20 mins from PUJ airport. Taxi ride will be around 20 US (total) dollars for up to 5 passengers. taxis are at the gate waiting for you, be aware that the taxi drivers will be very determined IE:(aggressive) because they all want the fare. Cuanto es = how much.

adapter plugs-- none needed same as USA and Canada

try not to forget anything because it is expensive to purchase things there IE: 4.00 US for a snickers. We way overpacked clothes. bathing suits during day, sandals pants and shirt at night.

we traveled all over the Barcelo resort on the Train, which is free. Caribe pool is the biggest and quieter than the Beach.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

Yet another question for you, I was just wondering, do they have ice for drinks? If so do you think it's safe? Thanks again for the info!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

Lori4 - Yes the there are ice in the drinks but they are purified so they are safe. Just got back from Barcel Beach and loved it! All the Barcelo resorts were nice so if you have any questions you can ask away!

Do bring some light pants for night as it gets pretty breezy ... not cold but pants are more comfortable at night than a skirt.

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
595 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

Do you know if there is an actual building/hut which houses the kids club yet? The last two times we were there there was just a little covered area by the pool. It didn't have much in it other than the paddles for pingpong, etc. The staff said they were planning to add a more developed kids club. Thanks.....

Buffalo
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: just back from barcelo bavaro caribe any questions ?????

yes there is a bldg designated for the kids. The area includes a swingset, volleyball/badmitton area, shuffleboard, boardgames, resort staff is very friendly and energetic..