We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Bumped question

Cherry Hill
Level Contributor
223 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Bumped question

I just checked my seating assignment on the plane to Puerto Rico and notice that coming and going is almost filled. I'm not giving up going down, but coming back will be happy to give up my seat. Does anyone know the new rules/etc. about giving up seat? Do you still get hotel/food/ new tickets?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Bumped question

the last time I was on a flight that people were being asked to give up their seats, they received a voucher for future travel. the hotel/food vouchers are not as common as they used to be. i would suggest checking in once you get to the gate and let them know you are willing to give up your seat after asking them how you will be compensated. if they do make that announcement about giving up seats, you will be picked regardless of how many people jump at the opportunity.

it's obviously a case by case basis, based on the air carrier

2. Re: Getting Bumped question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 14, 2009