We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please give me some good gift ideas.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Please give me some good gift ideas.

I have read input on what good children gifts are, but as far as gifts for the maids, and other staff. Thanks for your input!

belfast
Level Contributor
302 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please give me some good gift ideas.

Kattychic,

the thing i heard of people doing was bringing extra tee shirts/ shirts that maybe dont fit you anymore, or that you dont wear and leaving them with a note for the maid.

We also left some hair slides and the toiletries we didnt use (extra travel bottles of shampoo and conditioner etc)

those things cost me only a few pence and it makes no sense to drag them home again.

i would definately bring my daughters clothes that no longer fit her, cos i only have one child and all these extra clothes taking up closet space!

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please give me some good gift ideas.

Thank you

toronto
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please give me some good gift ideas.

anything feminine - lotions, perfumes, pantyhose, hair accessories, feminine hygiene stuff, candles, nail polish, lipstick, footscrub (for their tired feet)...

anything lightly used - clothing (adult and youth), electronics, toys, shoes, purses, baseball caps....

also many maids have children (mine had 5) - so any kids stuff is appreciated too.

really, anything! i just brought a suitcase full of stuff from the dollar store and my closet (obviously not something you wouldnt pass off to a sibling!) and gift accordingly. you WILL find a home for anything you bring :)