We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue Room Question

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Blue Room Question

We are travelling to the Ocean Blue the end of April and we are looking for some suggestions on a room location and an email address for the Ocean Blue to make the request to. We are not staying in the privilege section, we are travelling through Transat Vacations. We were thinking of a room with a pool view cause we love to sit on the patio and people watch. This will be our 5th visit to Punta Cana and we are counting down the days till we return!

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ocean Blue Room Question

I would request Villa 5, 2nd or 3rd floor pool view if you looking at a nice pool view. You would face the quiet pool (non activity pool).

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ocean Blue Room Question

We arrive on the evening of April 26th. I cannot wait to get away after the long hard winter we had. I'm counting down the days!

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Ocean Blue Room Question

I was wondering if you answer a question for mr . Going to ocean blue in sept do you have to be privileged to get other beer then presidente . Is being privileged worth the extra money. Would you stay their again

Rochester Hills, MI
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ocean Blue Room Question

-No, you do not have to be Privileged to get beers besides Presidente. But some bars (especially the lobby and disco) had a wide variety while others had just Presidente on tap.

-The big benefits of Privileged are better alcohol, upgraded rooms w/lounge access, designated beach seating, free wifi, one free dinner in the upcharge restaurant and ability to make reservations. I didn't think the cost of Privileged was worth it since a standard room at Excellence was about the same price (and a standard room there is superior to a Privileged at OB). However, if the price was right, the perks justify the cost. The a la cartes are small and during busy periods you need to be in line no latter than 5PM to reserve a seat.

- I'd happily return to Ocean Blue. However... H10 had long been aggressively pricing its Ocean properties, making them the best value -- by far -- in the Caribbean. But recently that's no longer been the case, and these properties are now pricing about the same as other mid upper-range all-inclusives and quite frankly I don't think they're as good.

15. Re: Ocean Blue Room Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 15, 2015