We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thought I found a resort ...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Thought I found a resort ...

Sanctuary Cap really intrigued me...thought of this for my October trip. They are closing in August for remodeling or something...no more explanation was given :(

Starting over ...again

DC

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

if the Sanctuary ticked your boxes, you may want to look on the Alsol Village and the Alsol delMar instead, managed by the same company.

Mike

Canada
Level Contributor
467 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

Yes, they have been planning a remodel for awhile, but they just settled on dates not to long ago.

We were just there earlier this month with family, including our 4 yr old son, it was great. It was better than I had thought it would be. My understanding is that they are building more villas, so they are closing down so that the construction will not bother other guests.

While we were there we visited Alsol Luxury Village. We had considered this because of the price and it looks lovely in the pictures. It is pretty, same style as SCC, but I'm glad we didn't book there, and I wouldn't consider booking this in the future either. It was big, and cold feeling. It was on the Marina, and the pools were surrounded by buildings and you couldn't even see the water. While they are managed by the same company, and similar in design, they do not feel the same at all.

For what it's worth, the other resorts we considered were The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, Now Larimar in PC, Dreams Riviera Cancun (been here, it's lovely) and Azul Beach Resort in Riviera Maya and Charela Inn or Country Country in Negril Jamaica.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

Mike ...I did do some check on the Also Resort...but kind of got the same feelings the Gghope did. SC looked perfect.

Have a few that I'm still tossing about . It's still fun doing all of the research :)

DC

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,304 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

Hi

We have been to SCC several times and love it there

With that in mind some other properties you may want to look at would be Zoetry Agua in PC plus Blue Diamond and El Dorado Maroma in Plays del Carmen, Mexico

Feel free to check out my photo albums of them and send me a PM with nay questions

http://flipflopman.slickpic.com/

When we are back in PC in September we will be staying at AlSol Luxury Village and AlSol del Mar and a couple of other places as part of a 21 night multi-resort trip

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

we stayed at Alsol for one night... SUPER QUIET place.. if youre into quiet then go.. if you want some, or alot of action, then go else where.

toronto
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

Any idea how long they will be closing for?

7. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:35 am, April 01, 2014
Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

DC, I would've absolutely recommended Zoetry too, but the bathroom might not be what you're looking for, based on what you've mentioned previously. The toilets are completely in their own room with a fully closing door, and most (if not all) rooms have dual vanity sinks with lots of room, but the tub/shower area is rather open in many of the rooms. Not to say one of you couldn't have a relaxing soak, in somewhat privacy, but getting in and out would be a little "in the open" I would say - showering even more so in some rooms.

I know you're having fun looking and good for you! Have you looked at the Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? They have one and two bedroom suites I believe, which may allot for the bathrooms you seek....

And I too thought Alsol del Mar (not Luxury Village) would've fit the bill - basically apartments and you're in Punta Cana village.

Keep us posted - you know I love it when you're travelling and everything leading up to it :D

Edited: 8:19 pm, March 31, 2014
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

Lacey ...Zoetry looks fabulous !! I love the look of the bathrooms...Nakedness can be beautiful ...RIGHT LOL

It's about $800 out of our budget... Would like a pampering resort, with a few great moments.... but I'm just wondering if this resort would be a bit too quiet ?

DC

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thought I found a resort ...

If your at Zoetry and feel you want an evening with a little more action - you can go up the street to Breathless or Dreams Punta Cana. All same company - you can go to any NOW!, Secrets, Dreams, or Breathless if staying at Zoetry in the evening (although Breathless and Dreams Punta Cana are the only ones nearby).