We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

Winston-Salem...
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

I know there are a lot of people that have stayed at the ME and in the Elegance Club side on these forums.

After reading many of the reviews on TA, I wonder how well they stick to these extras that you pay for when you reserve an Elegance Club room (as I have). The list is below and I've read a lot of reviews from people that say they didn't get these perks. For instance, in room beach towels. Many reviews from people that stay in the Elegance Club talk about going down for towels at the pool, so I ask why do they have to do this if it says there are in room beach towels? Also missing from the perks are private check in, not getting a room because they are overbooked, pillow menu, and butler service.

Yes, yes, I'm going to go down and have a great vacation, I'm not worried about these things, but would like to know why they offer these things and don't come through on the services for some people that have posted Trip Advisor reviews about it. I'm just curious and since these forums are here, I would love to hear from people that have had issues. The perks from their website are listed below the dashed line. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------

At the Majestic Elegance Club we are introducing the New Majestic Supreme Service, a variety of upgraded amenities specially designed to make our guests stay unforgettable.

Some of the Majestic Supreme amenities are:

- Private pool areas

- Private and personalized check in

- Complementary late check out (based on availability)

- Two private ocean front roof top bars with hors d oeuvres and drinks

- VIP lounge at the lobby with library, table games and free internet connection

- Exclusive access to “Il Botaccio” Restaurant for breakfast and lunch a la carte

- Room service included 24 hours

- In room bar selection with up to 4 bottles of liqueur per stay (ej. Vodka, Whisky, Rum, Baileys)

- Bottle of champagne in room upon arrival

- Access to 13 bars throughout the property (4 bars exclusive for adults)

- Butler service during your stay

- Express bell boy service

- Surprise gift in room

- In room beach towels

- Pillow menu

- Aromatherapy for pillows

- Robes and sleepers in room

- Bath Kit

- DVD’s selection

- In room newspaper

- Majestic Touch during the stay

- Espresso machine in room (suites only)

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

I will try and help. When they first opened the beach towels were in the room but they changed to the towel card system where you pick up by the pool. Yes they have a pillow menu and your butler will get what you want. Butler service is included but not just for you but they are very helpful.

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

Sorry I posted before I was finished Some of the Majestic

Supreme amenities are:

- Private pool areas Yes

- Private and personalized check in Yes you get private check in

- Complementary late check out (based on availability) Not so much they are always full

- Two private ocean front roof top bars with hors d oeuvres and drinks Roof top bars are gone now a second level of the club lounge

- VIP lounge at the lobby with library, table games and free internet connection

- Exclusive access to “Il Botaccio” Restaurant for breakfast and lunch a la carte yes you get this

- Room service included 24 hours Yes

- In room bar selection with up to 4 bottles of liqueur per stay (ej. Vodka, Whisky, Rum, Baileys) Yes

- Bottle of champagne in room upon arrival Yes

- Access to 13 bars throughout the property (4 bars exclusive for adults) only two adult bars now

- Butler service during your stay Yes

- Express bell boy service yes

- Surprise gift in room yes like hats and shirts

- In room beach towels no towel card now

- Pillow menu yes

- Aromatherapy for pillows for the room not pillows

- Robes and sleepers in room yes

- Bath Kit yes

- DVD’s selection

- In room newspaper you have to ask

- Majestic Touch during the stay

- Espresso machine in room (suites only) yes

murillo
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

We had everything on the list both times we were there.... Not sure what butlers are suppose to do ....? never see them very often but didn't need them...

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

bomber guy,

"butlers" are the staff of guest services/concierge team,

if your assigned one (each one is assigned to a number of guests/rooms of course) is near or not doesn't matter, when you need something just pick up the phone and dial the concierge desk, they will send your butler or any other staff member to fix what has to be done, i never cared about a assigned butler at any of the hotels, as the average concierge desk work directly and/or per phone the same fine, so why look for a specific person which may have his/her off time or free weekend/shift finished when you try to get in touch.

the fact that all the resorts name their concierge/relaciones publicas/guest service services "Butler Services" is something weird to me, as it did not change anythings during the last couple decades, just the "naming", to sound more exclusive or unlimited luxury service like or such, lol.

have fun

Mike

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

The butler experience differs. I have been twice. The first time we only saw our butler when we checked in. The second time (Benny) found us by the pool or beach every day, made sure everything was good. We even made reservations from our beach chairs. He dropped off a different treat every day in our room every day and brought us champagne almost every day that we would drink while geting ready for dinner, he also told us when he was working so we knew when we would be able to find him and when we wouldnt.

Winston-Salem...
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

Thanks for the replies so far! I also don't care so much about a "butler" service, but if it ever helped things it would be nice.

Rusko666, did you tip one butler over the other to get better service from one of them? I'm sure if tipping is better, you're naturally going to get better service.

1sailman, thanks for the detailed reply. Good to know some of these things.

Still, I would like to hear from some people that did NOT get the services listed. People write up reviews on it quite a bit. Were they just very rude people, perhaps? My last trip, last August to Aruba, I saw a couple really giving it to one of the employees that scheduled excursions. They were really acting like spoiled kids and were quite rude. I'm sure if I was in the employees shoes, I would offer less help when people act like that towards me. You treat people the way you want to be treated. It's better for everyone! Besides, life would suck to be angry and an a hole all the time. ;)

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

David L, I have been to this resort eight times and have never failed to get what is offered and more. I will say I have had butlers that were very good and some not so good. I do feel Majestic need to update their web site because some of the info is not correct anymore like the roof top bars and towels in the room. Things do change at resorts and most of the time for the better. I will assure you that ME will take care of you.

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

David L., I tipped the butlers when they brought me to the room and at the end when i left. I think the service you receive from all the staff is dependent on how you treat them, not necessarily how much you tip them (though I am in awe that some people dont tip) I always treat people respectfully, I understand that I am a visitor in their country and the respect and service i receive back has always been phenominal. I am certain that the people complaining are of three categories (A.) Jerks, B.) People who had one thing go wrong and they spend the rest of the trip misrable looking for things to go wrong (and possible fabricating issues to pile it on) C.) People that dont understand that eating a pound of bacon then drinking pina coladas in the sun all day are likely to cause stomach issues. Like sailman said, the only thing that i found that was advertised but not was the roof top bars, i never had seen them open since my first visit in 2010. They are the EC lounge second floor now, so hopefully the areas are more utilized.

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

Rusko666, I have been there when they did open the rooftop bars and no one used them most I ever saw was one or two people. That is why they closed them and converted to the second floor of the club which is way nicer than those bars were.

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance, Elegance Club upgrades and gen questions

Bottom line David, you will love it. I was skeptical of all the services provided before my first visit (especially for the low price they charge) and my expectations are exceeded each time.