We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to PC, a lots of choices but down to 2...HELP!!!

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time to PC, a lots of choices but down to 2...HELP!!!

My wife, 11 year old daughter and I are planning to visit Punta Cana in July for 2 weeks. We have been to the Iberostar Laguna Azul in Cuba, the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo and the Iberostar Paraiso Maya in Mexico. I think you can see the pattern here.

We really enjoyed Mexico and the Iberostar chain so naturally we are looking at the Iberostar Bavaro but after a lot of reading the Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda could be an alternative.

I think both are probably a good choice but which one, if any, can meet the following:

- a nice beach, not crowded, no towel game

- ocean not too rough for our daughter, she likes waves and she can use a floatie if needed

- free wifi would be a plus

- 2 queen size beds not double

- good food, seafood

- air conditioned buffet

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to PC, a lots of choices but down to 2...HELP!!!

Hi Johnny,

Are you referring to the Iberostar Grand Bavaro or Iberostar Bavaro?

If you're talkig Grand and can swing the price, I'd recommend that. If you are talking about the regular Iberostar Bavaro, I would recommend Esmeralda.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to PC, a lots of choices but down to 2...HELP!!!

The Beach at the Bahia is overcrowded The Iberostar Bavaro beach would be better. They are on the same stretch of beach but the Bahia is too big and the beach area isn't big enough in my opinion.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to PC, a lots of choices but down to 2...HELP!!!

Thanks for the replies.

Any air conditioned buffets at the IB or BPE?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to PC, a lots of choices but down to 2...HELP!!!

Most buffets, and many resorts to have two buffets, at those resorts, especially those that have two buffets, the buffet that is close to the Beach, is open-air, and does not have AC.

5. Re: First time to PC, a lots of choices but down to 2...HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, February 01, 2015