We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue rooms

dartmouth ns
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Blue rooms

HI there.

We are headed to Ocean Blue April 20-27 - so excited! Can anyone tell me what room blocks or numbers look over the pool? We did not upgrade to privilege as we were told it wasn't necessarily worth it, but I would rather not have a room that overlooks a service road. Does anyone know if Transat Vacations has a certain room block or type?

Thanks for any and all info!!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

Every Villa has rooms facing the pool areas as well as rooms facing the back.

Privilege villas 6 and 10 are closest to the beach. Honeymoon two level suites face the beach.

dartmouth ns
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

Thanks LaTA3,

Probably will be luck of the draw!! Main thing is - we will be in the sun for a week!!

Halfmoon, New York
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

We are here now and did the upgrade. We have found it worthwhile, but depends on price difference at time, I suppose. 20 rooms per floor, 3 floors per villa... 9 per floor face pool. We are in 17, 3rd floor, so 9-18 per floor will give pool facing view. Bldg 1,2,7,8 are all on walking path. 3 is questionable without me walking it. Loving every minute FYI

dartmouth ns
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

Thanks for the info sszabo5!!

The price difference when we booked was about $200 more per person - I couldn't justify it!!

Good to know you are loving every minute though - I can't wait!!

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
522 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

My price difference was $500 per person..I sm getting worried that I should of done it.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

We are here now through transat. I requested building 5 pool view at got it. Very nice view and we can see a bit of the ocean also. Not privilege

dartmouth ns
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

Oh wow - thanks Tessamel!!

Is there an email address that I can send a request to? I know it is only a request and not guaranteed, but I may do it.

Having a good time???

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

We will be there April 24-28 and I too did not upgrade to privelage. I could not justify the price. I have emailed them 2x to try to get a pool view room and they never respond.

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
522 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

I read that you need to email them 7-10 days prior to your arrival. otherwise you will get lost in the shuffle.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Blue rooms

You re right, it's just a request, no guarantee. Some of our party got "back" rooms and asked to be changed, and were changed as their preferred rooms came available.