We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue & Sand

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
915 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Blue & Sand

looking at a last minute deal for a really good price but the latest reviews are really bad TripAdvisor pictures look like its a nice resort anyone have anything to say about this resort

3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand

We just got back...resort is beautiful....but food is just so-so. Can't beat the warmth and sun and setting as long as you don't mind not eating good.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand

We ate just fine January 2013 at this resort, a different a la carte every night, breakfasts in the Privilege restaurant were great, and plenty to choose from at the lunch buffet by the beach. We never did eat at the big buffets, but a lot of reviewers say they are very good.

We are returning January 2014, looking forward to another enjoyable week in the sun, and with that great service.

Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
915 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand

Thanks it looks like a nice resort just a bad string of reviews all resorts get them

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand

I checked the reviews and most of the bad ones are from people who never reviewed anything before, and some of their comments are very ....."questionable"..... (since I have actually been there). Even some of the stupid stuff like people whining because the locals speak Spanish!

249 ranked OB "terrible" but over 5,000 said Excellent or Very Good.

Yes, you do have to read the reviews with a lot of consideration.

The resort, service, food, everything PLEASED our party of 4, which is why we are returning.

:-)

Holly, Michigan
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand

I loved everything about Ocean Blue. IMO I am not a foodie however I thought the food was good everywhere we ate. Buffet, Mexican, American.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand

bigblock what deal did you get? I am also looking at this resort and wondering where to fly out of. I have MKE prices.

7. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 12, 2015