We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked! Catalonia Royal Bavaro...

Hamilton,On
Level Contributor
490 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked! Catalonia Royal Bavaro...

for our third time!

46 more sleeps...woo hoo.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,846 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just booked! Catalonia Royal Bavaro...

Robyn, have a great stay.....

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just booked! Catalonia Royal Bavaro...

Time is getting nearer, now only 15 days till we get there and out of this frigid weather!! can`t wait

Hamilton,On
Level Contributor
490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just booked! Catalonia Royal Bavaro...

Thanks Wud.....26 more sleeps now!

Irish, it IS very quiet. Mind you, it can get pretty loud at the pool near the lobby during the day :) We prefer the infinity pool close to the beach, and it is most definitely quietly relaxing. There is always the option of making the 3 – 4 minute walk over to the bavaro side where it is livelier, and that is where the animation team is if you like the activities.

We venture over there most nights after dinner for a few drinks and to get the lively vibes and some entertainment. (If you are a wine drinker, bring your own from the bar at the Royal side…definitely a huge difference in quality). The peace and quiet hits you once again when you return to the Royal side. Ahhhh. The best of both worlds.

I like the rooms very much. Have not stayed in the superior rooms, just the deluxe and honeymoon suite, and I believe they are in newer buildings than where the superior rooms are. Some people don't care about their room because you just go there to sleep, but to me the room size, layout, amenities and decoration is very important, and CRB meets our wants there too.

We found the food to be very good. Our first trip we tried the a la cartes on the Bavaro side, they were just meh. Now we just stick with the restaurants on the Royal side, with the odd buffet on the Bavaro side. The Thalassa has a daily 'special' menu on top of the regular, so much variety can be had. The best salmon I ever tasted came from there.

Now for the REAL reason we keep returning to the CRB, besides the fact that it fills all of our wants. The golf. Hubby gets bored at resorts, not being a reader or sightseer, and is ready to go home after day 4. It is the only resort within our budget that offers unlimited golf and has both a 9 and 18 hole course. For me, it’s perfect. (I always vote for the 9 hole). We get in a round in the morning, then can lay beach or poolside for the rest of the day. Everybody’s happy.

14. Re: Just booked! Catalonia Royal Bavaro...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 08, 2015