We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Childcare < 2 yo Punta Cana (Grand Palladium, Melia Caribe)

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Childcare < 2 yo Punta Cana (Grand Palladium, Melia Caribe)

Al -

We are very close to booking out Punta Cana vacation but we are apprehensive about the way the resorts define "childcare" for <4 yo (specifically our child will be ~23 months in Feb 14. We do not want in-room babysitting; we want a child care facility staffed with trained employees, play areas, and sleeping areas that we can use for the occasional excursion and frequent romantic dinner. People have mentioned resorts such as Majestic Colonial / Elegance as having childcare facilities but then Expedia has said this is not the case (phone calls to the hotel went unanswered, and their website does not detail this information).

To this extent I have listed out some Punta Cana hotels which Expedia listed as having childcare. Could people confirm which ones truly have a childcare facility for <2 year olds, and not just in room babysitting?

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa - All Inclusive

Grand Palladium Bavaro (we really like this one but don't know if they have child care for < 2 yo)

Alsol Luxury Village

Melia Caribe

Paradisus

THanks very much!

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,198 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Childcare < 2 yo Punta Cana (Grand Palladium, Melia Caribe)

Did I miss where the OP asked everyone for their child rearing views?

So apparently the above question was reported as inappropriate but it is ok to respond to the question with your views on what the OP is doing wrong. LOL

Edited: 6:28 pm, December 16, 2013
On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Childcare < 2 yo Punta Cana (Grand Palladium, Melia Caribe)

the grand palladium kids club starts at 1 year old

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Childcare < 2 yo Punta Cana (Grand Palladium, Melia Caribe)

Are grandparents / family members an option to leave babe with? Go and have just have some... fun!

I would be hesitate to leave my child with a complete stranger at that age.

If it's not an option, heck why not just make it a family vacation........

Edited: 11:38 pm, December 16, 2013
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Childcare < 2 yo Punta Cana (Grand Palladium, Melia Caribe)

great info in Karen's post #9. looks like the Melia Kids Club covers all ages in different groups appropriately devided by age, including Baby Care for a extra cost.

while we travel with our baby girl since she is born, i can't comment on the care centers/kids clubs, as i would not leave her with anybody who is not family/auntie/granny etc, but that's just my personal take.

the Melia Club sounds by the description good to leave a Baby napping there supervised while taking a parent's dinner.

a for going on excursions off the resort without the baby, consider situations where the Baby Care Center would need to get in touch with you for anything relating to your Baby. while on a safari or snorkeling in the ocean on a Catamaran Tour they could not reach you, not even in an emergency.

happy Baby Travels

Mike

Naples,FL
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Childcare < 2 yo Punta Cana (Grand Palladium, Melia Caribe)

I've been to palladium. We used the kids club for our one year old. We liked the staff. Pool is near by so if baby needs snap, you can be within feet away from the club.

16. Re: Childcare < 2 yo Punta Cana (Grand Palladium, Melia Caribe)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 19, 2014