We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo or rental with all inclusive option

Boise, Idaho
5 posts
Save Topic
Condo or rental with all inclusive option

Hi All, Going to DR for first time and was thinking about flip key rental instead of room at resort. Can any of you DR experts suggest a vacation rental where you pay an additional fee to have access to the resort facilities. I have seen a few online in other areas but cant find any in Punta Cana/ Bavaro. Thanks for any info.

Mike

BC Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

A few years ago IFA offered a reduced day rate to occupants of nearby condos. This gave you access to the pools, restaurants and bars. But IFA also allowed condo residents to use the beach chairs for no charge. You were given a paas card which, if asked, you would show to security. We did this in 2011 while we stayed in Villas del Sol. We did the day pass for 2 days and the rest of the time took advantage of the beach facilities. I am not sure if this arrangement still exists.

We have done both AI's and condos. If you are there for a short period, say 2 weeks, I would recommend an AI but that is personal preference only. It is nice to not have to buy drinks or make your dinner! Plus there is the entertainment on the beach, poolside and evenings which you do not get at a condo.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
67 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

Look into Alsol Del Mar. We are going there with AI option. Similar I think to what you're describing.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
326 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

Cheap Caribbean has a good deal right now on the presidential suites. They are 1 bedroom condos on the beach. All inclusive with a buffet and 2 al a carte resturants and 3 bars. They are near several off resort bars and restaurants. The price out of msp for feb is around $1900 per couple for a week with airfare. I have been by the condos several times but have not stayed there. It may be a good option for you.

Boise, Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it. Looking forward to the trip and some warm weather. Thanks again.

5. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:35 am, December 08, 2014
Edited: 9:35 am, December 08, 2014
6. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:35 am, December 08, 2014
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

read his old posts. he went to the Melia Caribe instead of Cap Cana.

thats why it is useless to reopen old outdated topics

Mike

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,359 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

Tom I am finding it odd that you are opening old outdated 1 year old posts? Is there a reason you have done this so many times now? .... Just curious.

Cheers, Deb

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,688 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

Debinatore...I was thinking the same

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
778 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo or rental with all inclusive option

If you are looking for information about specific resort - use "Ask a question " box and write wht you want to know .People will answer :)