We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Topic
Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

I am so envious that you are there - it is truly a magical place for us - how is the weather?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

no worries about that.

could it happen that it rains a lot for several consecutive days?, Yes, such could and once in a while really does happen, but it is a rare occurance and has nothing to do which what is shown on the weather long range forecasts.

as mentioned a couple days ago, we are right now since several days/a week or so, on the bit rougher side of early winter weather, winds been up to a good 20 knots partially, and still blowing. yesterday and today been the roughest days wind wise, with the Ocean very rough at the same time, too, of course. it is expected (that's not a forecast to base anything on ) to slowly calm down from tomorrow noon on, step by step, to come back to the calmer typical winter conditions of just around 10 knots wind out of the East, with mostly sunny skies beating the fewer cloudy hours, and rains on the shorter durations side and occuring more between late afternoons-early mornings than during the days.

we have actually no storms or heavy frontals or such on the outlook, it is just the winter breeze as it happens often this time of the year.

Mike

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
519 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

Well ...back from the land of rum, sun and fun and dealing with snow and 30 degree temps! Not happy! Post-Punta Cana depression has set in severely! My wife and I did have amazing week though. Everything was perfect with the exception of a few windy days on the beach. But a windy day in Punta Cana is better then any fall/winter day in Baltimore. It was a blast meeting some fellow TA folks (StaceyB & her husband) @ Steve's Corner Bar. We got to meet John the owner. Spent a fantastic day with Punta Cana Mike down in Boca de Yuma. Had a wonderful evening and meal at the Jellyfish Restaurant. And had my full share of Brugal, Presidente's and Mamajuana! Everyone at the hotel was fantastic. We're already talking about plans for our fifth trip back to Bahia Principe. I'll post my review soon ... but for now it's back to price watching on Expedia!

If any one has any questions feel free to post :)

It's going to be a long winter...

Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

Can you please email me the email address of the general manager of amber when ever you have a chance? Thank you. Have a great time.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

Steve's Corner Bar = Hooker Central = Great People Watching. Loved this place!!! People were so friendly and entertaining to watch!! And the drinks were cheap $$$!!!

@ Bodnar...30 degree?? I'll take it...we're at 12 right now. Brrr :-/

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,252 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

foodmanJackson_NJ,

Jose Lima, the previous General Manager at the Ambar, has been promoted to the General Manager of the entire resort complex in Punta Cana effective Dec 9/13. At presaent I do not have the new General Managers name of the Ambar - however, will be receiving it soon.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

I'd take a windy day at the beach right about now instead of 25 degree farrenheit here! Feb 1 is too far away! 49 sleeps until the Ambar. Izzit too early for a roll call???

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,077 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

25 degrees? I dream of 25 degrees!!

Mark

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

You go ahead and dream of 25 degrees. I dream of tropical sun and....MAMMAJUANA!

49. Re: Bodner27 - How are you enjoying the Ambar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 16, 2014