We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Beach last week?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Sunscape Beach last week?

Just wondering if anyone went to Sunscape Beach last week? I met so many fun people and had a great time! All age ranges and different countries. I was traveling with a group pf 5 girls from Chicago. What were some of the pros and cons you encountered and would you go back?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunscape Beach last week?

Happy Travler - would you go back? We go mid-March? What was your thought??

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunscape Beach last week?

I thought it was great, our group (20) all had a good time, there was stuff there that appealed to everyone. Would definitely go back. Consistency is an issue, but if you are easy going it's not a big deal.

ottawa
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunscape Beach last week?

Can't wait we go in 20 days!

atlantic city n.j.
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunscape Beach last week?

We just returned from sunscape beach on sat nite.. PROS- a nice new complex, decent beach, good food.. CONS- communication!!..I,ll explain.. If my wife and I flew into Punta cana on our own, stayed in a LOCAL hotel, and ate at the LOCAL resturants. than yes we would need to speak and understand Spanish..But we didn,t..Instead we stayed in a complex guarded buy fences to keep the locals out, and staffed buy the same locals to work there..All of our problems at this site could have easily been taken care of if the language barrier was gone...example.. toilet broken 2 days in a row.screen door broken..fan broken....roomservice delivered to our room at 11 pm at nite... than again at 6 am waking us up twice.. in my eyes, the staff here has u asking them several times for something..when they finnaly get it to u..its like they did u a favor and are expecting a tip for there efforts.. I tipped every day...did this help me in any way?? well no..it didn,t.. my wife speaks italian..so we WHERE able to talk to the help..They train the staff for weeks on end..but never stress basic english..which buy the way, is the main language spoken buy most of the people there...would I go back...I doubt it

atlantic city n.j.
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunscape Beach last week?

We just returned from sunscape beach on sat nite.. PROS- a nice new complex, decent beach, good food.. CONS- communication!!..I,ll explain.. If my wife and I flew into Punta cana on our own, stayed in a LOCAL hotel, and ate at the LOCAL resturants. than yes we would need to speak and understand Spanish..But we didn,t..Instead we stayed in a complex guarded buy fences to keep the locals out, and staffed buy the same locals to work there..All of our problems at this site could have easily been taken care of if the language barrier was gone...example.. toilet broken 2 days in a row.screen door broken..fan broken....roomservice delivered to our room at 11 pm at nite... than again at 6 am waking us up twice.. in my eyes, the staff here has u asking them several times for something..when they finnaly get it to u..its like they did u a favor and are expecting a tip for there efforts.. I tipped every day...did this help me in any way?? well no..it didn,t.. my wife speaks italian..so we WHERE able to talk to the help..They train the staff for weeks on end..but never stress basic english..which buy the way, is the main language spoken buy most of the people there...would I go back...I doubt it

Boston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunscape Beach last week?

In credible... that two people could be at the same resort at the same time and have different opinions..We had a problem the first day and it was fixed.. The staff are new, not all experienced and are trying to speak english...My review will be coming out this week..

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunscape Beach last week?

Is it just me, or is msbptq's post totally confusing????!!!!!

Where did you actually stay?

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunscape Beach last week?

Yes - it's totally confusing.

We had no problems at all for the time we were ther. The main problem was knowing when to go back to our rooms for the night!

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunscape Beach last week?

PaminPa, yes I'd go back. I think it's all in the way you approach it. Go with an open mind. This is a third world country. The mood is laid back, yet aiming to please. If people are expecting service like the Four Seasons Resorts then they should stay at the Four Seasons. The people who work here are doing a great job and are extremely friendly and helpful. The group I went with all said they would return to Sunscape The Beach.