We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Age Group at Breathless?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Age Group at Breathless?

For those of you who have been there is Breathless primarily geared to the younger group or would a couple of fiftyish people feel out of place?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

Flip, that's why i name it on it's beginning states too expensive compared to it's surrounding competitors on the same market/same destin, because they are New and due that first need to proof what price range their services are worth once the usual opening kinks are sorted out, the same speech again, "time will tell".

EPC is a long running top service providing Resort, one of the best to be found on the Eastshores, so such new property's rates should be below the EPC rates til higher level services and amenities are established, that way they would avoid disapointed guests who could be in general happy at the place even during the early stages, buthyping itself up too much leads to expectations hard to satisfy during the first months.

the sales calculation is clear/easy to understand, they opened shortly before the start of the long lasting peak season of Punta Cana, so they count on their rooms to fill up anyways, directly booked or with apple square deal customers and it also fits for "upgrades" for customers of the same company bumped at other AMR properties, so they know they will get their rooms busy on a good occupancy rate for the next months. but rate itself too high/priced early on too high from the beginning hides the danger of overly high expectations by the visiting clientel and such could lead to Non-Returning guests.

they are a long running management company and will know what they are aiming for, after some months they will settle in their place on the local market with everything adjusted accordingly.

time will tell.

age group doesn't matter.

see it as it is, a property that gears towards the active clientel which wants to get entertained more than offered at the typical romantic honeymooner adults only property, age doesn't matter/decide if a guest looks on a active week to party the time away or on a romantic relaxed calm stay for example at a Zoetry or Excellence, 30 years younger or older does not matter, as there are young couples in their 20's who look for a completely quiet romatic getaway and there are 50-70's couples who want ot be active on a short week's stay and vice versa. forget all the ages talking, differ the resorts by their activity/amenities offers to decide which fits best.

the Breathless offers by their brochures to fill a niche, so it should fit very fine within the local Resort Market.

Mike

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

Mike

"The price difference from here in the UK between EPC & Breathless for around US$55 which I feel is reasonable with it being a far newer property"

I should have added this is based on the prices for next Autumn when we have booked both resort

Just now I would agree they should not be charging a premium over the likes of EPC as they are yet to provide they can provide what is advertised. Having said that as the old adage goes very often something is worth how much people will pay for it

To me Zoetry is way over priced but people still booked it

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,009 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

For next October, the Breathless website lists it at $305 per night. My folks booked Excellence for next October for $208 per night, direct with Excellence. There's about an $80 difference on Expedia.ca. That's a substantial difference. People living off their pension, and retirement savings are less likely to pay that difference, and also less likely to want a party atmosphere and an uber modern style.

Only 8% of liesure traveller's are 18 to 24. That jumps quite a bit for 25 to 34, 35 to 44 and 45 to 55.

Average household income also jumps dramatically for people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s.

Much of the travel for people 18 to 24 is for spring break, and a good chunk of that is places like Florida, or Cancun. And typically to inexpensive places. Many people in their late 20s and early 30s have young children, so they are less likely to go to an adult only resort. Some would be going on their honeymoon, so a couples oriented resort would be chosen quite a bit, but some will want a more lively atmosphere. Some of these would be able to go to resorts that they normally couldn't afford, because of wedding gifts, and simply because they'll splurge on their honeymoon. With the average age of first marriage being at about 30, you'll get some in their late 20s and early 30s.

Those who are travelling not as couples, would likely want to avoid couples oriented resorts. For those wanting adult only, but not so couples oriented, places like Breathless and Secrets Silversands would be enticing. They would be more willing to pay extra for this, if they are looking for upscale, but not couples oriented, and if they can afford it.

It's just my take on it, but I think Breathless will be skewed lower in terms of age than at a couples oriented resort, but not so much into the 20s. Late 20s to mid 50s seems likely to me, with the bulk being in the mid 30s to late 40s range. I'm not saying there won't be those who are younger or older. I'm only speculating that this will be the primary age range.

As for being able to visually detect the age of fellow travellers, I find that to be difficult. Based on the 150th anniversary celebration of my highschool, with people of all ages attending, I found there were people in their 30s who looked like they were in their 50s, and vice versa. It's very difficult to tell.

Mark

24. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:10 pm, November 29, 2013
25. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 01, 2014