We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Age Group at Breathless?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Age Group at Breathless?

For those of you who have been there is Breathless primarily geared to the younger group or would a couple of fiftyish people feel out of place?

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

Not sure what the age group would be since it is new hotel. I'm sure there will be a mix and you and you will fit in just fine.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

I don't think the age makes a difference but what you are looking for in a resort is what will matter most.

The General Manager described it as a party atmosphere in his email. There will be a lot of activity by the main pool and part of the beach daily and it can get loud. By the pics and videos it looks like a fun time happening with all ages.

We prefer it quieter during the day to read, float, relax and at times doze off. There are times that we enjoy a little more action especially in the afternoon and I have no doubt that we will join in a few activities. The spring break party seen is definitely not our style. In the evening we love to listen to live music, have a few drinks (sometimes too many) and enjoy some excitement. When we booked Breathless we were not aware of the louder daytime activities so I was questioning if we would enjoy it. We decided to keep our booking and try it out.

If you are looking for a quieter more relaxing environment then Breathless may not be for you. If you are looking for activities day and night then join the party at Breathless.

We thought from what was explained to us before it was built was that it was more of a sophisticated fun atmosphere. In just over a week we will find out if it is the sophisticated lively environment we were looking for or the spring break party kind of time. Age is just a number although we are 40"ish" lol we still like to have a great time. Drunken party games? no! Live music, martini/wine, making new friends and talking with others? Yes!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

I'm sixtish and don't feel out of place.........going Saturday planning to enjoy myself. The pools look great, love waves in the ocean. If the beds are anything like Dreams LRM they'll be comfy. It dose not matter what your age is you just join in the activities if they appeal to you or just relax. Someone else is cooking &cleaning and the drinks are on the house.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

it is a property that gears towards the active crowd, with bumm bumm music around the pool, foam parties etc.

there is sure no age limit to any kinda activities, some 20'ish may not dare to do a bunjee jump from a small 50ft tower, while there are 70'ishes who dare to do a skydive for the first time of their life.

basically, yes, the Breathless is gearing towards what we commonly name the "younger crowd", but that's just common phrasing, as we are by any given age as young as we wanna be.

hey, i am myself looking forward on my 50th and will sure not stop to be a big Kid, what ever fits best by the own preferences.

as for romantic honeymooners or the couples who want it calm quiet relaxed, for tose PC already has several resorts on offer, as for the the Breathless would be the wrong place by the image i get of the property due til now feedback and their advertised vibe.

MIke

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

subway, as for waves, we are in PC on a wavy phase actually, even areas like cortecito run on the bit wavier side, so Uvero Alto i would expect to have the beaches flagged since some days already, but that will change again, too.

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

Just my take on it, but I think when the dust settles, and the resort is firing on all cylinders, it will be too expensive for many 20 somethings, and will probably appeal mostly to people in their 30s and 40s.

Mark

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

no Mark, it is not a price thingy to decide on the age range of a property's guests, and it is not a targeted age range of guests that would decide on the price for a property, specially a small property.

there is a large enough clientel of very young travelers who have the money to pay those anyways not over the top AI prices, young visitors who travel but would not like to be part of the spring break styled stuff.

it is not the price range for the average 20-25 years old traveler, but they anyways could not give hospitality to all of them, so they may target the well packed young crowd. time will tell, as til now i don't see such clear targeting, not any clear targeting, more a do it right for everyone, but that would at the end be a compromise for all which would not attract a specific crowd. time will tell for which kind of clientel it is suitable/attractive.

Mike

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

I agree with Mike

A resort like Breathless with 700 odd rooms to fill cannot really on such a narrow age grouping and like many other AO /AO resorts will attract people in their 20's though to the silver surfers

Many young people in their 20's have very well paid jobs and like the good things in life and many lesser paid ones simply buy such things on their credit cards and pay it back

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

I realize there will be people from their 20s on up. I just think 30s and 40s will be the primary age group.

Mark

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Age Group at Breathless?

You could say the same for the likes of Secrets Silversands in Mexico which has a very modern, funky party feel to it but it still caters for all age groups and is very successful because of that

Time will tell