We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Secrets on Sunday!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
377 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Secrets on Sunday!

I am so excited...we are leaving with 6 of our friends on Sunday for Secrets.

Have a couple of questions...

1. Is there a hairdryer in the room? If so, is it a good one or do you recommend that I bring my own?

2. Is there a specific building that is best to be in? I have heard that the 3rd floor is the best floor to be on...anyone have recommendations? Also, I have heard you should email someone to request a room/building preference in advance...anyone have any contact information or advice on this?

I think that's all the questions I have for now...thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

KENT, OHIO
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Secrets on Sunday!

just came back on 7-8-06 was there one week

yes there are dryers in the room, they are pretty goo

bring plenty of bug spray

buildings 10-14 are pretty far from the main area

eat at the french restaurant best one

food is not to good, breakfast best meal

they offer upgrades they are not worth it, its a big rip-off

bud and miller beer is in the lobby only, presidente is in all other areas

you need to ask for liquor in your drinks

if you want a raft to float on you need to get them early

pool is nice

weather was good

beds are really hard not firm just hard

i stress again about the bug spray

these are my suggestions, everyone has there own opinions my husband and i are in our late 40's and travel alot

good luck and have fun

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Secrets on Sunday!

STLgirl05:

You should be excited...Secrets is awesome! We were at Secrets with another couple in January...going back in November...loved it!

I brought my own hairdryer. My friend used the one in the room...said it worked fine.

Do you want to be in the active or peaceful part of the resort? What room type did you book? Who did you book your trip through? Is anyone celebrating a special occassion while at Secrets? Email me the answer to these questions and I will email you the contact person information for Secrets.

Brenda :~)

tomandbrendamiller@msn.com

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
377 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Secrets on Sunday!

Thank you for your very informative email, Brenda! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they can accommodate my request! :)

Level Contributor
1,040 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Secrets on Sunday!

3rd floor is a must!!

As for hair dryers, I brought my own as the resort supplies those little ones that take forever to dry hair. My hair is shoulder length, so unless your's is shorter, I would bring your own.

Have a great time. It's so beautiful. You will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Secrets on Sunday!

STLgirl05

I am leaving a week Saturday.(July 22nd/29th) so if your staying for one week we will see you there on Sat night................

Terry aka SB

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
377 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Secrets on Sunday!

Terry,

Yes, we are staying for one week...so maybe our paths will cross on Saturday night?? I can't believe I am leaving in only 3 short days!!! :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Secrets on Sunday!

Have a safe flight and an amazing week,see you in paradise soon

Terry

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Secrets on Sunday!

We just got back from Secrets last week - it was nice and a lot of fun. I emailed the resort prior to my arrival requesting a 3rd floor room. I never got it - but that's okay. I don't think any of the buildings have a better location than others unless you want pool view. We stayed in building 12 - near the end of the property - it was not a hassle.

There is a hair dryer in the room - not sure how it works b/c I am a guy. My girlfriend brought her own - and it flipped our power off. She ended up using the one hanging on the wall - based on the noises I heard her making - I'd say she did not like it very well.

Enjoy your trip -

9. Re: Going to Secrets on Sunday!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 16, 2009