We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing meat to Punta Cana

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing meat to Punta Cana

I'll be coming to PC next week with my wife for our honeymoon and due to religious restrictions we are forced to bring our own food whenever we go on vacation.

We are planning on bringing salami, chicken, and steak.

Are there any restrictions as to what you can bring into DR - specifically food-wise? I know in some countries you can't bring meat in.

Thank you so much!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bringing meat to Punta Cana

For a trip from Los Angeles, likely with a layover of some sort, I'd be worried about refrigeration issues. And for a trip of a week or so, that would be a large amount of food. Better empty the beverages out of the mini-fridge in the room.

Mark

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bringing meat to Punta Cana

I was thinking the same thing, Mark.

13. Re: Bringing meat to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, November 18, 2013
14. Re: Bringing meat to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 20, 2014