We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

the towel game winds me up but I would love to know why peeps think its ok, but am not accepting 'cause everyone else does it' lol. someone starts it

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

I think it is ok to leave your towel on a lounge and go have breakfast or lunch but to leave and not come back for hours on end is another thing. The people who do that have no respect for other guests.

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

totally agree

California
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

I think it's ok if you put your towel down then go have breakfast and are in your chair in a 1/2 hour and stay other than lunch or getting up to get a drink. If you put your towel down at 6 or 7 in the morning that stinks and the really never come back to sit in your chair that sucks and somehow there should be some kind of Law lol

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,448 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

Put your towel out and go have breakfast and return in 60 min or so ok. Anything longer they should remove your towels and stuff for you to claim when every you decide to return.

BObK

California
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

ha ha posted at the same time you did 1sailman

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

I don't understand why you need a chair so you can go eat breakfast. Can't you just get a chair after breakfast?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

Good luck getting anyone to admit that. I will say that I start my day early, I like coffee on the beach at 6am. So that's when you will find me there. If we decide it's going to be a "beach day" and not a "pool day" then we will stay. I leave my belongings on the chair and walk barefoot on the beach. Not long and not far. Any more than 30 minutes and we would just take our stuff with us. About 8 we will sneak away again for breakfast and I will leave my belongings on the chair. We will be gone no longer than 45 mins before we're back in our seats. And we don't stay long as I get antsy after a few hrs and so for lunch we would leave and then I would just want to then go to the pool. So we grab all of our things if we don't intend to stay put. I am thinking that from now on I might just print some pages up that say "I am here! I walked away and will be back in 30 minutes, it's ___ O'Clock now"

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

We get a chair before breakfast. We usually have a bag full of stuff and our own raft and don't want to have to go back up to the room.

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

Tingy don't need a chair to go eat breakfast need a chair to lay on the beach a while before eating breakfast.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: who thinks the towel game is ok and why, i think it stinks

The towel game on the loungers didnt bother me all that much, because there was plenty of chairs to go around and we were always one of the first people out there, so we never really had to deal with it; but the Bali bed claiming was a different story, as there are only a handful of those on the beach i visited, so when they sit claimed for hours with nobody in sight, thats a problem

I too would drop off all my stuff on a lounger and grab a quick breakfast, and leave the stuff when we went for a quick lunch. I'm with you guys that claiming a chair, but not using it until hours later, is very disrespectful.

Most resorts have a policy against this practice, but Its going to keep happening unitl it is enforced.