We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite All Inclusives

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
585 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite All Inclusives

My wife and I have been to PC many times and have stayed multiple times at Riu Palace Punta Cana and Macao, Majestic Elegance and Colonial, and IB Dominicana. We're looking to go back again spring 2014 and would like to stay at a different all inclusive.

Ideally we'd like an adults only, nice pool and beach and no dinner reservation requirements, although these definitely are not deal breakers. Our preferred price range is $3,000 or less, but again not a deal breaker...we'd certainly consider spending more.

What are your favorites?

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

We always stay at the Luxury Gran Bahia Principe Ambar. We have been there 4 times and are headed back in April for our 5th. While it is part of a huge resort, we like the fact that we have access to all parts of it. We love the staff and management - they have bent over backwards for us on our last trip and an amazing time was had by all.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

I have done both budget conscious resorts and a little higher scale. We have upgraded and not, I prefer the "more jumping" resorts for people watching and mingling but I don't care for mega resorts. Still (in Feb) I booked the Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar (adult section of a mega property) looking for a little of both action and quiet time when desired. We too like to jump around, maybe one day we'll find the perfect fit to keep returning too. The ME was nice once but when we returned the second time I wasn't impressed. Nothing to be said in my case for consistancy there. Now in May we chose the Bavaro Princess and I am really looking forward to that one also.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

We also have been twice to the Gran Bahia Ambar and loved it, however, it does require reservations for dinner. You may, therefore, want to check out the Catalonia Royal Bavaro. Some others that don't require reservations you could consider are the Excellence Punta Cana, Secrets Royal Beach and Royal Suites Turquesa, however, I'm not sure if they'd be within your budget.

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

Have not been yet, but our research is saying "Excellence" is a must try resort. The most recent photos posted in the Review section are very inviting. To date, our favourite is GBP Ambar, but like you we are looking to try something different. We have decided on Excellence.........

coshocton ohio
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

I have been to secrets royal beach, excellance, ambar and royal suites turqesa. Liked them all for different reasons. Ambar requires dinner reservations. The others did not. Out of the four I thought excellance was the best because the beach was not crowded. It is along way from airport and the beach is also golden not white like other punta cna resorts. Loved secrets but mainly because we were in presidential suite. Without that room it might have been my least favorite. Loved ambar for a lot of reasons. The only problem with ambar is that it is hot. The ocean breezes do not seem to go past the beach and there is very few areas air conditioned. It is very busy but probably the prettiest of resorts. Royal suites was nice but since I have been there they have renovated adding rooms away from beach. Not sure what it is like now that there are more rooms and more people. If you can afford it go with iberostar grande. Have not been to one in punta cna but was at the one in riviera maya and it is incredible.

In the end they are all nice and you will have a great time at all as long as your expectations are not unreasonable

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
403 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

I agree with a earlier poster...We LOVED Excellence! This year we are doing the 6 Apple Adult square deal. My guess is they will fill up Breathless...but if not here i know it will be a great property! Our WI price was 1758. Incl taxes so a great deal no matter where we end up! SO..you might want to check out that option!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
403 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

I agree with a earlier poster...We LOVED Excellence! This year we are doing the 6 Apple Adult square deal. My guess is they will fill up Breathless...but if not here i know it will be a great property! Our WI price was 1758. Incl taxes so a great deal no matter where we end up! SO..you might want to check out that option!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

Paradisus either one ... llleeetttssssggggooooo!!!

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
2,927 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

we stayed at the Grand Palladium Palace last year and left knowing that we would return again in 2014. the Royal Suites offers adult only. there are no reservations required for a la cartes. tons of beach frontage with this resort and you are just steps from the shops and la cussie on the beach.

great resort, great location, good price

our new favorite

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,187 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite All Inclusives

Excellence is my favorite because they do it right in every way that matters to me.

Mark