We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
282 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

Bavaro Princess, Majestic Colonial or Bahia (thinking maybe the Esmeralda?)? We are looking for a beautiful beach, decent food, daily and nightly entertainment (get bored very easily, like to have something going on). We like medium-big resorts, nothing too small. Like to sit on beach and people watch. Suggestions between these 3?

ottawa ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

Heading to Bahia Principe in January for the third year running. Great beach, nightly shows are varied and entertaining. Large resort but well laid out. Beach is very busy as are most on this stretch of Bavaro.Lots of people watching. Highly recommend.

Wayne W

Ottawa, Canada

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

I've booked Majestic Colonial for December. While I have never been to this resort I hear from friends that have been and my fellow tripadvisor peep's that it's a great resort.

Just a FYI Bahia is a HUGE Complex. I stayed at the Ambar a couple years back and while it was really nice it was too big for my liking. :0)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

Have been to ME, and saw much of the Colonial (including the food), have The Bahia Principe Ambar booked for Feb. and have the Bavaro Princess booked for next May. You can't go wrong with any of the above. Regarding the price point Bavaro Princess wins.

Onalaska, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

Booked Bavaro princess early JAN. big resort ,lots to do & see,book platinum & you have use of their 3 resorts just up the beach .If you do not want to walk to them they have free shuttle service. all the resors just recently updated. I can not wait to go .On trip advisor check out pictures & comments from guests.Hope you have a great trip.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,771 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

Out of the three I'd book the Bavaro Princess (should be cheaper too) just to be on the better beach and to be close to getting out and about on the town, closer to the airport too.

Cheers, Debbie

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

I have stayed at both the Bahia and the Bavaro Princess. I felt the food was slightly better at the Bahia complex and the entertainment definitely better. It is a large resort so there was just more to do both evening and daytime. But the beach is just too small for the size of the resort and there is nothing within walking distance of the resort.

The rooms are beautiful at the Bavaro Princess; all refurbished just a couple of years ago and similar layout and size whether you upgrade to Platinum or not. Many non-platinum rooms are just as close to the beach as Platinum rooms. And I agree with Debinatore about the beach; it's far better in this area of Punta Cana. And it is much better for going off resort as there are shops, bars and restaurants in easy walking distance.

Personally?? I'd probably choose whichever offered the better deal!!

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
442 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

We have stayed at the Majectic's (both Coloniel and Elegance) and loved both. They were both open only about 6 months each when we were there, so, rooms and everything was very clean and new. We are on our way to the Bahia Ambar in 13 short days (YAY), and are so looking forward to it based on reviews on all websites. Have never stayed at the Princess but have read good things about it. I'm sure whichever you choose, it will be great!

kanata
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

I have been to all 3 that you mention majestic colonial ranks #1 followed by Esmeralda then bavaro princess colonial just seemed more up scale better food beach and rooms

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

We stayed at the Colonial last year, and it was very Nice, the food, shows, and entertainment were also very good, and I'm sure you would like it there. We have now booked the Bahia Esmeralda, because of the highly recommended reviews, on Trip Advisor, and that of our own Travel agent, who has been to both resorts. The price might be about the same, or slightly lower at the Esmeralda, which we found to be true on Expedia.com, which we have used many times over the past ten visits to Punta Cana, also do remember that the Esmeralda was built about 4 years ago, while the Colonial was built about ten years ago. Either resort would fit what You are looking for, again was more than satisfied with the Colonial, but we do like to visit different resorts that are rated, 4 - 5 Stars. We have posted our review of the Colonial on Trip Advisor, if you'd like to more details, Best Wishes for a Great Vacation !

louisiana
Level Contributor
91 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ok, I think Iam down to 3 resorts. Which one?

I'm headed to MC in December for our 3rd visit. Love it! Is it perfect? Of course not because nothing is. Go with a positive attitude and have a blast!