We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still looking for resort. Is the Majestic Colonial for us?

NC
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Still looking for resort. Is the Majestic Colonial for us?

We are thinking about going in the next few weeks and never been to DR. We have some airmiles so and could get the hotel for free if we get one within price range. I am looking at Iberostar and was looking at the Majestic Elegance but it is too much. So what about the Majestic Colonial? We want decent food, drinks, gorgeous beach, daily and nightly entertainment, disco, pool/beach bar?

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still looking for resort. Is the Majestic Colonial for us?

The Colonial certainly has all the things you have mentioned. The pool runs the length of the resort. Beach is beautiful. Lots to do both day and night.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still looking for resort. Is the Majestic Colonial for us?

I would bbok the Maestic which is a lot nicer than the Iberostar IMHO.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still looking for resort. Is the Majestic Colonial for us?

Of The Majestics, the Colonial will provide a much better value in my opinion. We spent our 25th wedding anniversary this past August at the ME Club and wandered over to the Colonial side often. They offered things that the Elegance side just did not, like tropical drinks in little pineapples and coconuts, etc. They had tables set up at dinner time with gormet punches and sangrias and rums. I also noticed that the breakfast buffets and lunch buffets at the beach were larger and offered much more. For the price I paid, we would have been much happier at the Colonial side. Go and enjoy!

Edited: 9:53 am, October 28, 2013
4. Re: Still looking for resort. Is the Majestic Colonial for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 30, 2014