We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IBK Transportation

Boston...
Level Contributor
153 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
IBK Transportation

Had a friend ask me who I would recommend for airport to hotel transportation. Seeing I had used Bronly, IBK Transportation, I recommended him. Well my friends just returned and Bronly was a no show at the airport. The transportation was pre-paid. Another driver at the airport agreed to take them to their resort and called Bronly who agreed to pay him. Does not excused that he, Bronly, left these two first time travelers to PC wandering around looking for their pre-paid transportation. No way to do business and I would warn others that plan on using IBK.

1. Re: IBK Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 20, 2013
On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IBK Transportation

Sorry to hear about your friends problem, we have used IBK many times and not had any issues other then them picking us up earlier for the return transfer to the airport then originally stated note we did not confirm our return transfer

Ontario
Level Contributor
329 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IBK Transportation

When I was shopping for transfers a few weeks ago IBK was the only company that couldn't be bothered emailing me back after a quote request.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
910 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IBK Transportation

I have used IBK a couple of times and they have always turned up when they said they were going to. I've emailed Bronly a few times then chosen not to use his services but he always responds to my emails. Just got a quote from him an hour ago for our trip next April.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: IBK Transportation

i have 2 drivers of him on their way to the Majestic Colonial right now, use them for several times per week since many years, never a problem.

things happen, sorry to hear that something with your friends transfer went the wrong way, at least it was solved right away, they found a driver at the airport and did not have to pay him, as Bronly covered the spare ride on the phone, so there was at least a solution for the occuring problem.

have fun

Mike

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IBK Transportation

Mike - I'm using IBK next month for our honeymoon, is there anything I can do (email them the day before I leave perhaps???) to ensure that this situation doesn't happen to us...when I booked I was informed that the driver would be there waiting for us w/ a sign & I would really like it if that were the case...I would really appreciate a hassle free experience...thoughts?

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IBK Transportation

I emailed them once for a rate quote from Santo Domingo to Punta Cans. 2 months later they responded. I was not impressed and used a company that appeared to actually want my business

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IBK Transportation

Carol - Do u mind if I ask who you used?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: IBK Transportation

you could even call a day or two prior to arrival to ensure all is set up.

one of their phonenumbers, taken by Bronly himself, is

1-829-923.0707

Mike

New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: IBK Transportation

HI Mike:

I have a question I fly Us Air. The ticket counter is toward the far end of the airport. I have been dropped of there before. The last 2 years the drivers state ok we will take you there but always end up were the porters are.

The driver then points to the porters & states they will take you there.

Every airport I travel to asks what airline are you flying with so you are close to the ticket counter.

Please ask your cab driver staff why is this going on.

Thank you Mike for all your help always

Edited: 11:10 am, October 21, 2013