We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

houston
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

Hi,

We are getting married in PC and are required to pay mist vendors and portion of our reception in cash. We will have to bring close to 10k with us. Luckily we land and go straight to wedding venue to pay our bill so we won't have it on us for very long. My question is around the rules of brining cash into PC'. What do I need to know?

Thanks!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
706 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

who says you need to pay cash. take a bank card instead of having to humph that about with you

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

Oh boy I would be very leery of someone wanting cash up front and there is no way I would travel with that much cash.

Toronto
Level Contributor
135 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

For our wedding we were able to pay the balance to the resort by credit card. There wasn't that much of a fee at all if any.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

you are allowed to bring Per Adult Person up to US$9.999.- into the country without the requirement to declare that on your customs form.

10K and up need to be declared on the customs form and you would need to show proof(i.e. from your bank) that the greenbucks are clean legal money.

10 grand devided between the 2 of you is nothing special, no need to declare that on your customs form, you are allowed to have that at hand/cash with you.

congratulations for the upcoming event

Mike

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

I understand is per family that amont of cash not per person.

If that is the case dont claim you're on the same party

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

It is per person...

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! :D

Forgive me, but a couple of years back my husband and I briefly looked into a destination wedding - we opted not to, for various reasons. Anyway, I'm curious what resort requires you to pay the bulk of your wedding in cash.....? While a receipt may be issued of course, I would prefer the "paper trail" of a credit card - yes, there may be fees, but I'm just finding it odd I guess, that it is necessary for you to bring that much cash from home. I'd be a nervous wreck!

Again, none of my business really, but as you've put it out there, you have me curious, lol :D

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

I would think you should be able to do a wire transfer from your bank to theirs. I did that a few years ago for a large group that was going to Punta Cana. That would be the safest bet. I think it cost around $25.00 fee.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
778 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

Her wedding is at the Jellyfish Restaurant . She propably pays in cash to get lower price :)))

Hudson, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in PC.. Traveling with cash

I definitely don't think I would pay cash, what proof would you have that you paid, also makes me very suspicious as to why they want you to pay in cash. I once wire transferred an amount to Spain, the recipient claimed he never received it, went through all types of trouble to get the money back. I think paying by credit card is your best bet.