We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butler Service

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Butler Service

What is the benefit of getting butler service if you can email ahead for the restaurants you want. Also if you're coming there to celebrate an anniversary who would you tell and when.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Butler Service

Happy Anniversary! You can email the resort a week before and let them know, maybe they will but a banner on your door as they did for us at the ME. We had the returning guest "welcome back" banner and the "Happy Anniversary Banner" hanging to greet us. We upgraded to the Elegance Club so we had champagne and fruit waiting inside, etc. They also emailed me info for a special beach dinner to celebrate if I wanted. The Butler was a huge asset, while we did not need him to make reservations for us, he set our table beautifully for our dinner in my chosen resturant, set up the hot tub and aromatherapy, he brought me a rose on my special day, checked to see if we wanted anything at any given time. He was like having a special friend in a land we knew no one. Where are you staying if I might ask?

Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butler Service

For the Bahia, yes. Nobody can guarantee that they'll do something for your anniversary. However, it won't hurt to mention it. As you might know, it is best if you email this information with your room request to Albania Batista 7-9 days before your trip. (If you do it earlier, it will likely be lost.) The pertinent details are here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k64951…

In terms of Butler service: some people just like the added benefit. You can ask your Butler to change a reservation, if you want. You can ask them to ensure you get certain amenities (for example, more shampoo, a different pillow from the pillow menu, etc.). You just need to ensure you ask for the Butler upon check-in to be assigned one.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Butler Service

Thanks for the congratulations. We're staying at the Esmeralda. We wanted to stay Amber but nothing was open so but heard the Esmeralda.

Edited: 8:42 pm, October 05, 2013
Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Butler Service

This link should help you.

tripadvisor.com/…49563563

It's geared, I think to the Ambar but I believe the info is the same for the Esmeralda.

:D

Edited: 10:02 pm, October 05, 2013
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Butler Service

that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much.

Edited: 10:08 pm, October 05, 2013
Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Butler Service

Anytime! You will find a gazillion answers to many questions if you do a search. I do them all the time as I cannot remember squat anymore! :D

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Butler Service

I've been trying to understand the need for a butler as well...I'm going to email my a la carte reservations 2 weeks before I arrive (as well as my mini fridge stocking requests etc)...so I'm not sure what I would need a butler for...I guess I'll understand their purpose more clearly once I get there.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,454 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Butler Service

No one NEEDS a butler, but they can be so nice to have! :-)

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Butler Service

Lata3 - why have you liked having a butler?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Butler Service

If you click on the link that Dawnskye sent their is plenty of information there. It gave me plenty of ideas.