We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not sure what to make of new review on Cat Royal Bavaro?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk
Level Contributor
180 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Not sure what to make of new review on Cat Royal Bavaro?

Has anyone else read the review on the Catalonia Royal Bavaro? Really not sure what to make of it!!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Not sure what to make of new review on Cat Royal Bavaro?

<<<Certainly more to this story than meets the eye, or that we'll ever know. Either way, true story or not, a troubled woman who I hope finds peace in her life...>>>

exactly what I said yesterday, but on the other thread.

Something very seriously wrong with this woman, I hope she gets professional help.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
627 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Not sure what to make of new review on Cat Royal Bavaro?

Okay...I haven't shared this prior because it's really none of my business. However, there are so many threads/comments about it, that people really need to know some other facts and take everything with a grain of salt. There's no reason to trash a resort's reputation and stir people up if there's a potential ulterior motive in the posting/review.

This person has posted other reviews and actually added their full name and hometown (big mistake!). Google searches lead you to lots of information. Most telling aspect is that they own a struggling deli/restaurant business in Pawtucket RI. You can't believe everything you read on a travel forum.

You do the math...

Traveler

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Not sure what to make of new review on Cat Royal Bavaro?

Well then 2+2=5 here because I'm confused, LOL. I don't think the majority of people DID believe the review/post - most chalked it up to a troubled lady, with a questionable tale of woe.

But first of all, if they own a struggling business, how did they afford to go in the first place? And you can't believe everything you read on the internet, so is that even true??

If the suggestion is that this is an insurance scam, wouldn't anyone know that you'd need a police report to put in a claim?

Is there the suggestion here that she's looking for "charitable donations" to her cause by posting her name somewhere?

Again, we'll never know...

Washington DC
Level Contributor
627 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Not sure what to make of new review on Cat Royal Bavaro?

As I said, "most telling aspect". And in this case, I'll believe a published newspaper article.

Sorry. It's the nature of the business I'm in to analyze things.

But you're right. It's all speculation. We'll never know.

Traveler

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Not sure what to make of new review on Cat Royal Bavaro?

I already did a google search but hadn't said anything. IMO, that info means nothing. I have a very strong feeling that this isn't a case of insurance scam on her behalf. I still think the ring was lost or the husband took it as "his" insurance if there is a divorce claim.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Not sure what to make of new review on Cat Royal Bavaro?

No sorries needed Traveler !! And did not mean any disrespect at all!! It's just the whole thing that baffles the mind, lol.

27. Re: Not sure what to make of new review on Cat Royal Bavaro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 05, 2014