We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

After an exhaustive research we narrowed down a search for a family trip (2 adults and 3 children) next April to Punta Cana to either the Royalton, Dreams or Club Med. Our dates are fixed.

It seems all the hotels are fully booked on our dates for rooms accepting 3 children, but will take bookings for families with 2 children. We cannot change our dates.

I can't get through to the Royalton directly which is being refurbished. Some travel agents tell me that it's adults only and direct me to the Memories section (which does have availability) and others say the Royalton does accept families. Anyone know for sure?

Either way, am put off booking the Memories since that there are a) no photos of the hotel and it seems that it's a long way from beach and 3) again seemingly you can't use all the Royalton facilities but the Royalton can use the Memories splash pool.... For £4-5K I'd want equal access!

Does anyone have experience with this? Any other recommendations for a good hotel with small children? Anyone seen the Memories place and can speak about it practically? vs the Royalton? Appreciate all and any advice.

Thanks!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

We are heading there the first week of April!

bolton
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

We will be there the end of Dec!!!!! Will post a review and pics upon my return....

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

i wouldn't come here for atleast a few months.. its not ready and everyone wants to leave..... been here 4 days and wish I was home....

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

Ok I know all resorts have opening problems Been there seen that.It really takes 6 months to a year to get a resort to something close to what you've seen on the computer generated pictures.

For those that are going or those that are there post some pictures of the dinner menus and shots of the bars that are open. What types of liquor they are offering.. also anyone staying in the diamond club or adults only sections. What types of premium liquor do they have there. The plus side the resort is on a nice section of the beach

Edited: 1:00 pm, December 07, 2013
Caledon, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

Hi are you able to forward me the email you received confirming that you can use the pools at Royalton? dzuccato@sympatico.ca

26. Re: Royalton Punta Cana vs Memories?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, July 15, 2015