We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Topic
60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

Since I don't see any tropical depression or hurricane out there to affect this, is there a particular reason why it's 60% chance of rain?

Am I missing something? It also says mostly cloudy which pretty much means don't expect any sun to peak through. Sure hope that forecast changes between now and then but sure doesn't look good according to the Weather Channel link below.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Punta+Cana+DRXX0022:1:DR

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

When I travel to the Caribbean, I try not to look at the weather forecasts...I just go (hope for the best) & enjoy my holiday...

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

Avoid the weather channels - there just covering their butts by saying that, lol. It's a tropical climate with humidity - they'll always say a "chance". Showed the same thing before our last trip and it was beautiful all week - only one night of rain.

Just go and have fun :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

When we were there 5th-19th Aug, there was always rain forecast and apart from one ten minute burst and one twenty minute burst in the whole two weeks all rain occured in the night time hours.

Have a great time! :)

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,919 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

Internet weather sites always say....RAIN, do not pay any attention to them...

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

OMG - can't believe I spelled "they're" wrong, lol.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

Been here since Saturday. Other than Sunday, Sun,Sun,Sun.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

I sure hope so! But it's only 30% chance of rain this week and that's a big difference, so why you are seeing sun I'm sure.

Now they are saying Fri, Sat AND Sunday of NEXT weekend beginning 9/20, there is a 60% chance of rain. No sun showing in the symbol just a cloud with rain.

Wondering if we should reschedule our trip for a better time. I mean 3 days in a row!!! If its going to be mostly overcast and some kind of major disturbance not what I had in mind for our vacation to the Caribbean at this point. :( That's not very good odds at all. Considering the money spent.

When its 60% chance of rain here its generally overcast and gloomy.

a

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Punta+Cana+DRXX0022:1:DR

Edited: 12:36 pm, September 13, 2013
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

com on, peoples.

what mind would take a weather report serious for next weekend/in a week from now??

even below average learning levels prohibid such completely.

we are now in the middle of the Peak Time Frame of the Hurricane Season, so there are chances to be influenced by a tropical depression or tropical storm or even a hurricane next weekend, YES, those chances are given on high level at this time of the year.

BUT!!!,

if a TD will influence the next weekend means that such TD is today not even born, does still not exist, as our fast changing tropical climate provides not such far ahead of time warnings.

TODAY:

NOBODY knows sh.it about the weather of next weekend, NOBODY.

everything else is wishful thinking and not backed up by not even any average education.

happy travels

Mike

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

so lets see,, 60% chance of rain,, 40% chance of sun,,, so no matter what it does weather man is right,, I wish my job survived like that,,,

its the Caribbean, is there a 60% chance of rain,,, probably yes...

but what do you call rain.. do you call that rain that pops up and is gone within 10 minutes ,, is that considered rain? if so that is more then likely the rain you will get ,, I dont even leave my lounger.. and if it does rain longer,, goto pool bar,, get wet in and out

one thing with the weather there,, i will bet my lifes savings that it wont snow,,

as for the rest of the weather im using logic,,,

and also how often is the weather correct 10-14 days out at home,, even 3 days out,, heck even next day,,

Edited: 1:00 pm, September 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 60% chance of rain NEXT Weekend 8/20-21...on Weather Channel

Right it is a week out so the weather forecast could indeed change ALOT between now and then.

If it was 2 days prior to arriving........ probably a bit more cause for concern.

Hoping this is how it will play out.