We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryville, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

Anyone else going to be here during the same time? This is our first Iberostar resort, however, we have been to over 20 adults only all inclusives, including two in Punta Cana and are eager to compare this with the rest. Also, does anyone know how we can make restaurant reservations for that week before we arrive?

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

I'm not going to IBG until Nov, but I look forward to reading your review/opinion when you get back. I hope you have a great holiday & I hope someone can assist in providing you with the IBG email/contact info so you can make your reservations. Happy travels!

Carle Place, New...
Level Contributor
337 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

We won't be arriving until October 26 .So looking forward to seeing your review.

The only email address that I saw was for the Rooms Division Manager but maybe you could write him and he could direct you to the proper dept.His email address is rdmgrand@iberostar.com.do It's worth a try!!!

Maryville, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

Thanks Cathie20. I'll try it. Enjoy your stay there too.

New Hamburg, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

Was there last Decemmber and booked for this December - believe me you will love it!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

Yes, my husband & I will be there Oct 7-11th. This is our first all inclusive and we can't wait! Have you booked any excursions? We are interested in the ziplining, but based on all the great reviews of the IGB I am not sure I am going to want to leave the resort!

Maryville, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

Punky, we will see you there. No, we haven't booked any excursions and probably won't. We sometimes do, but we enjoy staying around the resort and doing their activities. This resort sounds like it may be one of our best ones so we can't wait to compare. We always do a top notch adults only. Hope this one takes the cake.

High Bridge, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

My wife & I will be there from Oct 7-11! Can't believe it's less then a week away!!! This is also our first all-inclusive and our first big trip outside the U.S. All i know it's gonna be 10 times better then New Jersey...HAHAHA!!! See ya there!!!

Maryville, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

Look for the tall couple with the big red mugs. I'll be the one with Cardinal gear on. Got to root for my Cardinals in the playoffs while we are there. See you in a few days.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

We just returned last weekend, and it was fantastic! You have to have Frankie (server in the buffets and Japanese restaurant) beat box for you. Yudaisy also is so sweet. Everyone was so helpful. I emailed before our trip and had no problem getting reservations. Here is the email address I used: rpgrandbavaro@iberostar.com.do

We have only tried several all-inclusive resorts. If you had to pick your top 5 adult all-inclusive resorts, which ones would you name? I would greatly appreciate your feedback. ...and I can't wait to hear how you like the Grand. It is spectacular. :)

Maryville, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro Oct.6-13

Thanks for the feedback on the resort. I finally found the e-mail address for reservations and sent my request last week. They replied saying that they will try to honor the request but that it depends on the occupancy of the resort. Some restaurants may be closed some nights apparently.

We really like the Secrets Resorts the best. Our favorite resort was Secrets Capri. It's the only one that we have returned to. We like to try different ones and new ones are always opening up. We really liked Secrets Excellence, but now it's just called Excellence and not a part of Secrets anymore. We have always gone to at least a five Apple rating resort. Our top other picks would probably be Valentin, Sandals Whitehouse, Secrets Silversands, Sandals Halcyon St. Lucia, Grand Lido Braco, Grand Lido Negril in no certain order. Frankly, I have liked most of them. It sounds like the Iberostar may turn out to be the best from all the reviews, so we will see.