We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, first time going!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Maine
3 posts
Save Topic
Help, first time going!

I've booked our stay at Catalonia Punta Cana, and I'm confused as there might be two Catalonia's. All I know is my paper work does not say Royal.

Any idea how much cab fare is?

Do I need get some tourist/visa card in order to get through customs?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, first time going!

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, there are (2) Catalonia sections on the same property: the adult only Royal and the family friendly Bavaro. Double-check with your tour operator as to which one you are booked into!

You will indeed need to purchase the $10US per person tourist card/visa as soon as you enter the airport in Punta Cana or you can do it ahead of time online, but it makes no real difference. (If your flight originates/returns to the US, your $20US exit taxes are all pre-paid). You hand this card in at immigration, which is where you show your passport & entry documents that you will be given on the plane. That is the very next area you will go to after your arrival. Then you claim your bags. Then you exit thru customs. The pink-shirted taxi dispatchers are right there, as are the other ground transfer representatives.

This resort is very close to the airport, and you can expect to pay $30US for the entire cab each way (if you purchased a package, your ground transfers may already be included in the price you paid - double check).

Hope this helps!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, first time going!

Hi,

I noticed that you were from Portland, ME - I was just there 2 weeks ago...beautiful area :-)

I'll be traveling to PC for the first time in Nov...when are you going? I hope you enjoy your vacation and your resort!

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, first time going!

Hi and welcome to the Insanity that is the Forum. Plenty of folks that know your chosen resort are going to chime in and help. You may find many of the more common questions easily answered if you go to the right of your screen to the "Top Questions" section. So much great info there, including various maps of all the resorts. Yep, That is a great part of Maine. I spent a few days camping all over that great state while waiting on the Nova Scotia Ferry. :D

Portland, Maine
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, first time going!

We are going the last week of January. I hope you enjoy your time. Please post about it when you return I would love to hear.

Portland, Maine
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help, first time going!

Thanks, I have looked there and came out with more questions.

6. Re: Help, first time going!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 12, 2014