We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vista Sol

Philadelphia...
4 posts
Save Topic
Vista Sol

Has anyone ever stayed here or will be staying here next week? Any tips? Thanks!

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
709 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vista Sol

I sayed there back in febuary. Nice grounds, sinple and clean room nothing fancy. Pools are nice. Food is ok but alittle repeditive. Try the cappicino at the lobby bar, excellent. If you can request building 10. It has its own pool and bar. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Cheers

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,486 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vista Sol

is Vista Sol the old Carabella?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vista Sol

Yes it's Carabella.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
709 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vista Sol

Yup

Philadelphia...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vista Sol

Thank you, gutshot. I actually do have a few more questions...

Are there ATMs at the resort?

Does the resort take US dollars or just pesos?

Do you recommend taking a shuttle from the airport or are taxis fine?

What's supplied in the rooms (iron, shampoo, etc.)?

Where can I sign up for excursions? Is that offered in the lobby area?

Thank you for all your help!

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
709 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vista Sol

There was an ATM in the lobby beside the bar, pesos or dollars are fine. Excursions can be booked in the lobby. The room is basic, no iron or board and small shampoo in bathroom if i remember correctly. Some of this maybe different now that the hotel changed hands. You are close to shopping, just go to the beach and turn left, ul find lots of vendors and bars about a few hundred feet away. Cheers

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
709 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vista Sol

I took the shuttle provided by my tour operator but a taxi would be faster if u dont mind paying.

Norwood...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Vista Sol

Is the night time entertainment outside but under a cover and not in an air condition building. Does the hotel have its own gift shop? Do they have any duty free shops there? Is the lobby bar near the nighttime entertainment?

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
709 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vista Sol

The auditorium is outdoors with a roof and it has its own bar beside it. The resort has a giftshop but duty free? No. There are lors of bars throughout the resort.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vista Sol

yes, the lobby bar is very close to the entertainment area/theater.

the Carabela is small, so nothing is ever far away, very short walks to everything.

we have stayed at that hotel countless times, even extended times, but before it lately changed hands. we always had a blast, a Hotel with very high value for the money paid in my opinion, we would go back there anytime again.

have fun

Mike