We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saona Island tour

Niagara Falls, On
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Saona Island tour

Which is the best tour out to Saona Island ? Planning on going for 2 weeks in Dec. and like to do at least a couple of excursions.

Bavaro Runners Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
HorsePlay Punta Cana
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Dos Bananas
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Destiny Caribbean Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Swim with Dolphins, Private Tours
Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saona Island tour

Seavis Tours is the best in my opinion

http://seavisbayahibe.com/Welcome_e.htm

seavisbayahibe.com/shoreexcursion_e.htm

Edited: 10:56 am, September 02, 2013
Niagara Falls, On
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Saona Island tour

Thanks for the info. Did you do this trip yourself?

saint john new...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Saona Island tour

we have done the saona tour 2 times we loved it, they take you there in the jet boat and bring you back on the catamaran or it could be reveresed, it is a nice day tour

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saona Island tour

We have booked with Seavis this November after reading wonderful reviews. I thought this trip did the jet boat both ways. Was it Seavis that brought you back on the catamaran or another company? I don't mind either way was just wondering if anyone knew.

Thanks.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saona Island tour

In my opinion its best to do the Catamaran and the speedboat on this Excursion...........Sailing along the Caribbean coastline on a Catamaran with a rum and coke in your hand, wat more do you want.........Its stunning.....

Enjoy..................

saint john new...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Saona Island tour

i dont remember the tour company, but banger1968 is right, the catamarn is the way to go, a nice sail with good rum and beer and danceing with the dominican girls.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saona Island tour

We have also booked the Bebe Catamaran along with the Soana trio. We chose these two companies for their smaller, non party type atmosphere. So, we will get to experience the catamaran sail on the Bebe if not with Seavis.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Saona Island tour

To help people avoid confusion. The "large" standard group trips to Saona are one way speed boat and one way catamaran. You can find these online with travel sites, tour reps, hotel, by beach/pool/nautical center for all different prices. Online highest I seen was 105 per person all the way down to 75 per person. Beach/Nautical center/ pool area you can haggle the price down with the sellers.

When you get there they put you in groups and you board the speed boats. From what I noticed after the many Soana trips that we've taken is at this point it is hit or miss on if your taking the Catamaran in the morning or the speed boats in the morning. We got stuck once with the Catamaran in the morning and its not as fun as in the afternoon when everyone is awake, has a few drinks in there system and enjoying the dancing and music on the Catamaran.

What we always do now is when we get there are placed in the group along with the tour guide we ask him to make sure we get the Catamaran in the afternoon and it has always worked out.

The Seavis trips are smaller more semi-private trips which take you away from the "large" group areas. There do it by boat and there is no catamaran. There is other companies that offer smaller more private type trips as well.

Always best to confirm with who your booking with to know exactly what your getting before hand so you don't get disappointed.

Edited: 2:07 pm, September 02, 2013
Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saona Island tour

Thanks for the clarification, bigjim! I didn't think Seavis offered the Catamaran, hence us booking Bebe for another day.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Saona Island tour

it is at least a dozen of different variations of the offers for the Saona Island Tour. always ask exactly the details of the tour you try to book to asure it is a variation that suits you. many go by Catamaran and speedboats as a combination(one way Cat and the other way Speedboat), some go by speedboats only on both ways, sure you could get Catamaran both ways, too. and there are big differences in case of "Speedboats", as there are companies with highpowered real Speedboats, while other ride in Chanchi type speedboats(like the watertaxis you see cruising in front of the hotels here in PC, sure there is a big difference on the price between such variations.

someone mentioned a Cat Sailday on Catamaran Bebe. i know the Catamaran very well, a well maintained vessel, but in case of real sailing make with your booking Sure that you want a Sailexcursion, because their usual Catamaran Tour on Bebe is run on engine powers, not under Sails, just to not have wrong expectations which lead to disapointment on a otherwise good snorkel ride.

Mike