We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

Hello,

We're thinking of going to Punta Cana 2nd week of September. The hotel reviews for a lot of 4 starts were not very good or mixed at best. Anyone have hotel recommendations which is on the beach, good food, nice clean rooms, and somewhat close to nightlife?

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,954 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

Luxury Grand Bahia Ambar is my recommendation

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

Thanks. I took a look on the map for Ambar, it doesn't seem to be on the beach. Do you know how far away it would be? Also, looks like I'll be travelling solo as my friend can not make it. Would this also be good for a solo traveller?

Dax

canada
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

dax ambar is on the beach. max three min walk from any of the building blocks. On our trips to the ambar we have met several single travelers..one man , but mostly women. The ambar is a quieter resort, perfect for relaxing, and the swim up bar can become lively thru the afternoon. If you are a social person you will meet and enjoy the company of others, or you will be left alone if you like your privacy. You can venture over to the other sections for more activities and party atmosphere. I would go to the ambar solo for sure..but hubby would be ticked that he wasn't invited lol

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

Bump...

MHEATH - Do you have any suggestions?

canada
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

wow. just wow.

canada
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

deleted.

Edited: 9:18 pm, August 28, 2013
canada
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

m heath..before you give your expert advice.. no offense to YOU..but how many times have you been at the ambar to give advice? I can tell you that wud and I have been there on several occasions..and are looking forward again to another trip in October... guess us that actually have been there several times..our point of views mean nothing because we are not TA destination experts..ps..3 years ago I was asked..i declined

Lynn

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

The question was for any resort, not just Amber.....actually would like to hear his and others opinions too

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

Robert - Well said!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good hotel recommendation for single gals in their late 30s?

Well Lynn, having never been a single gal in my late 30s, it's difficult for me to say what I'd choose, but trying to put myself in their position, and the limited criteria they gave, I was going to say that Bahia would probably be a good option for them.

Some of the things that matter to me when choosing a resort don't matter so much when going on a guys' trip. A bigger resort with a more robust nightlife matter more in those circumstances. Even though I don't like having to make reservtions for dinner, I've been to Melia 4 times, for example. It's fun, and that's another I'd recommend for the 30s gals, and it would be close to off resort nightlife. I've found the food to be pretty good there, and there are lots of restaurants, and a very nice beach.

Another would be Barcelo Bavaro (Beach or Palace). Great beach, not far from nightlife, good quality, lots of restaurants. BBB if they want adult only.

Majestic (either one) would be high on my list for such a trip. No reservations for most of the restaurants, and I think it's a good fit for the age range.

All of these would be in a similar price range, I think, and all in the 4 star range.

Mark