We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
7 posts
Save Topic
Current weather

What's the weather like right now? All forecasts call for rain everyday. Does it actually rain all day or just downpour in morning/ night? I'm leaving for punta Cana in 2 weeks and am getting nervous about the weather.

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather

Doesn't look like rain to me.

www.dreamsresorts.com/drepb/webcam.html

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather

today's forecast does show no rain. I am more concerned about the days that have said 60% chance of rain. Does it rain all day? Anyone been in Punta Cana recently where there was a bad forecast?

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather

In my opinion, don't bother looking at/worrying about the weather forecasts you see from home :)

We were there last August and the weather showed chance of rain/thunderstorms daily - because it's a tropical area, I suppose there's always a chance. As it turned out, the weather we experienced was perfect - hot, sunny and humid. We had rain one night for an hour or so, and that was it. As others may chime in to say, especially a few who live there, Punta Cana is a large area, and while it may rain in one area, it will be beautiful in another. Even tropical storms/depressions at this time of year, may only bring a little rain, from what I've read.

Not an expert, just saying that I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time - we were excited to be going as well, and while no one wants to think about bad weather affecting their holiday, you will be enjoying yourself in a gorgeous country and the weather will be what it will be...probably great! Fret not over the forecasts you see from home :)

Edited: 11:20 am, August 22, 2013
Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather

What is the weather going to be like in two weeks from now in your home town? No one can predict that far ahead. You are probably in for a beautiful week of sun and heat, perhaps the odd 2 minute shower or a bit of rain at night. No worries, just enjoy your vacation.

Edited: 11:29 am, August 22, 2013
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather

thank you! I know I cant let the weather worry me. I am glad to hear that for the mostpart it rains in spurts and not AAALLLLLL DAY long!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather

there are all variations of it possible in 2 weeks.

i may be like it is right now, consecutive hot hot hot days, highest temps, highest humidity, important to stay hydrated.

it could alos show some cloudy hours for some days with short rainbursts.

it could also be cloudcovered for several days with longer daytime rain.

most likely it will be as usual: sunny, hot, humid, perfect beach weather,

but nobody could tell such more than for the next 24hrs in advance, and even those 24hrs forecasts fail well often, as our tropical climate can and does change very quick, within a couple hours from one extreme to an other, fully unexpected, fully unforecasted, without any storm or such involved, and that is the case Year Around.

so forget to look out for so named weather forecasts for punta cana, none of those sites has any weather station or weather buoy anywhere in nor near punta cana, their forecasts are nothing else than wild guesses.

have fun

Mike

Boston
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather

we were at the ambar this past late march early april we wound up at the pool late afternoon shared a beach shack with this nice lady started to rain we just sat their I never laughed so hard people cleared out so fast we were just watching the action did we get wet yes did but never ever had so much fun just enjoy and forget the weather forecasts

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current weather

Llazarz,

The only certain thing about the weather in the DR is that if you don't like it, wait a while, it will change. Or, use this equation:

Long Range Weather Forecasts+Tropical Island=Cow Patties.

:D

9. Re: Current weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 24, 2014