We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

Okay - I am so confused. I've never been to the Dominican. Don't like to fly at all - but suck it up for 3 or 4 hour trips. Is it worth the 7 hours and connecting flights? And - we are leaning toward Paradisus Palma Real, but my husband and I are looking for romance with some fun nightlife and great food. Is Secrets a beter choice? Luxury and superior food are high on our list.

Maryland
Level Contributor
392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

Ohhh brother... here we go again... hehehehehe....

I think the answer is really relative. Sounds like you'd win either way.

Luck in your decision... hope you have a great trip..

By the way... I know what you mean about the flying... why does the person in front of me always have to put their seat way back so I practically have their stupid head in my lap???? Last time I flew it was to vegas and the woman next to me spend two solid hours eating snacks.... chomp, chomp, chomp,.... you get the picture.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

Secrets is a hideaway escape from the real world for us. We rarely leave the resort or want to.

Everything we need or want is right there. Romance, quiet, peaceful, no drunks screaming or making a lot of noise.

Top-notch service, spactacular food, amazing grounds, super beach, and the nicest people you will ever meet. My husband and I always reconnect with each other when we are there. It is impossible not to feel the magic and romance in the air.

There is romantic horseback riding in the moonlight, private champagne dinners on the beach under the stars and moon.

There are Romance nights provided at the resort where the whole lobby and entertainment area is candle light and they play romantic music. It is hard not to fall in love here.

The daytime is equally as exciting if that is what your heart desires. Try a helicopter ride for two and tour the Dominican countryside and spectacular coastline.

Like your feet on the ground? , then try the dune bogie tour, lots of fun as well.

There are many things to keep you occupied all day and night

but we like to keep each other occupied with long walks on the beach or a cuddle under one of there many love huts and a nice glass of champagnne.

Good luck with your decision.

Terry aka SB

Beverly, MA
Level Contributor
558 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

I actually paid a lot extra for a direct flight............I'm not a big fan of flying myself. Although I'm getting better at it I cringe at the thought of having to sit around waiting to board a plane twice in one day twice in a week.

I can only speak for Secrets.......we went there 9 weeks ago to celebrate our 25th. Could not have had a better time. They place was amazing. ESPECIALLY at night...........candles everywhere, live music in the lobby or on the plaza that people would feel comfortable dancing to even if they were the only ones doing it.

I could go on and on but I'm tired after just getting in from a long day at work................Let me finish with something that as far as I know has NEVER been mentioned about Secrets before (as we all know we read a lot of the same stuff over and over)...............They MUST spike the bottled water with aphrodisiacs..........The s#x was great............I figure we are all adults here ( I hope ) I might as well tell you what you can really expect when you go to Secrets. Anyone else care to chime in?? Just a show of hands would be fine!!

PlayaBoy

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

Both my hands are up on the romance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

Oh, by the way, we also enjoy everything else about the resort enough that this Nov. will be are third time there.

Mike

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

My husband and I stayed @ Paradisus Punta Cana and it was very romantic. We took a boat down to Palma Real and it is so beautiful. I'm sure Secrets is too, but Palma Real is so much closer to the airport. Also if either or both of you golf, the course across the street from Palma Real is great. We played a round while we were there. Punta Cana is definately worth the trip.

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

My husband and I went to Palma Real in May and loved it. PPR is so romantic, especially at night with candles lit everywhere and great lighting and water features everywhere. They were only about 7 children there when we went, and they were all really young (under 5) so I wouldn't worry about that. The bali beds next to the pools are great too! Let me know if you have any specific questions about PPR. By the way, my husband and I took a direct flight with USA3000.

8. Re: Where to stay in Punta Cana? Paradisus or Secrets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 12, 2009