We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Question

Clayton, NJ
14 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Question

I've been reading reviews for the hotels in Punta Cana and between all of the information and conflicting reviews I am completely confused! I'm looking for a hotel in Punta Cana for my honeymoon next October (2007). My fiance and are are in our early twenties, and we're looking for a place kind of secluded and romantic, but with some degree of nightlife. We aren't party animals but we'd like to be able to go out a few nights for to drink and dance. We've never stayed anywhere "fancy" so we'd like to spring for a really nice, romantic room...I was looking into sandals but the rooms didn't look very nice at all. Seemed tacky. We were looking at the Paridisus Palma Real and Secrets? Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Question

If you want you can email me after Aug 1 and I'll let you know how my honeymoon at PPR went. Ravens_steelers@yahoo.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Question

I have been to Secrets 6 times with trip #7 comming in July.

Secrets is a hideaway escape from the real world for us. We rarely leave the resort or want to.

Everything we need or want is right there. Romance, quiet, peaceful, no drunks screaming or making a lot of noise.

Top-notch service, spactacular food, amazing grounds, super beach, and the nicest people you will ever meet. My husband and I always reconnect with each other when we are there. It is impossible not to feel the magic and romance in the air.

There is romantic horseback riding in the moonlight, private champagne dinners on the beach under the stars and moon.

There are Romance nights provided at the resort where the whole lobby and entertainment area is candle light and they play romantic music. It is hard not to fall in love here.

The daytime is equally as exciting if that is what your heart desires. Try a helicopter ride for two and tour the Dominican countryside and spectacular coastline.

Like your feet on the ground? , then try the dune bogie tour, lots of fun as well.

There are many things to keep you occupied

but we like to keep each other occupied with long walks on the beach or a sleep and cuddle under one of there many pool side love huts.

There honeymoon packages are great and if you dont want any kids I strongly suggest you pick Secrets.

Honeymoon and Anniversary Package

Welcome letter

Plate of tropical fruits

1 bottle of champagne

Use of embroidered bathrobes and slippers

Flower petals in the Jacuzzi upon arrival

Romantic dinner in our Mexican restaurant (based on availability / once per stay)

Special turn down service

Champagne breakfast in bed (Reservations must be made in advance with guest services)

Secrets Eternity Honeymoon Package

This package is complimentary when purchasing 7 nights or more in the Junior Suite Ocean View Excellence Club category or higher.

Champagne on arrival

Fresh flowers and exotic fruit basket in room upon arrival

A breakfast in bed served the first morning after arrival

Massage for two in our Couples Massage Suite in our exotic SPA Garden

Choice of either a European Facial or a Salt Glow Scrub body treatment (25 minutes) for each person

Private, beachfront dinner one evening – upon return from dinner you will find a romantic rose petal bath ready for you with essential oils and candles

Petit fours each evening at turn down service

One complimentary Lovers Live CD by Sade

20% discount when returning before or during the first anniversary (minimum 4 nights stay)

$600 Per Couple

Note: Taxes and gratuity included. Restrictions/exclusions: Not available during Christmas and New Years. Subject to availability. Double Occupancy Only. This package can not be combined with the Secrets Wedding in Paradise Package.

if you want to see some pictures email me at

teryanne@aci.on.ca

hope this helps.

Terry aka SB

Clayton, NJ
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Question

I tried to get an idea of prices through the secret website but I didn't have any luck because they are changing ownership or something to that effect? Any idea where I could get information about packages available and pricing?

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Question

My husband and I went to Palma Real in May for our anniversary. We were treated like royalty. Service and food are great and the resort is breathtaking. At night, the ambiance is so romantic with candles lit everywhere and water features lit up everywhere. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Beverly, MA
Level Contributor
558 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Question

I would have to say that you cannot go wrong with Secrets.........Love is in the air!!! This is such a special place. Whatever you decide have a great time!!

PlayaBoy

6. Re: Honeymoon Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 16, 2009