We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

My wife and I are visiting Punta Cana in 4 months and are currently trying to decide on which adult only resort. I searched on the forums regarding this topic and it appears nothing has been mentioned recently. I know it varies by how many Europeans are visiting etc. so I figured I would see how common topless sunbathing has been recently at Royal Catalonia. My wife enjoys sunbathing in thong bikinis & topless to get a nice tan. At the same time, she doesn't enjoy offending anyone and will avoid doing this if necessary.

We are also open to other resort suggestions if it is more common at different resorts.

Thanks in advance for the heads up and advice!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

While we have not been to the cat royal I believe topless sunbathing happens at most if not all adult only resorts, and why not? Men do it!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

Dan, your wife has no worries. It's fairly common and it isn't just European women. My trip last month had about a dozen topless women during the week. A couple were topless in the ocean too. Enjoy your vacation!

Houston, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

Thanks for the info!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

So, how was your stay... was your wife free to sun bath the way she would have liked? It sounds like she was not alone...

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

Hey Dan... how was your trip? Was your wife comfy sunbathing the way she wanted. It sounds like she was not alone... which I must admit sounds good. We will be visiting this summer... looking forward to it.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

So, how was your stay... was your wife free to sun bath the way she would have liked? It sounds like she was not alone...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

I would like to know as well Wally. My wife and I will be going to the Catalonia in May but I don't think Dan has any interest in feedback now that he's back home.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

If you want to go topless on the beach go right ahead. It's okay and you'll likely not be alone.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

Sounds like it should bb a good trip in that regards... When are you guys going? We are going in July

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Topless sunbathing at Royal Catalonia

while decades ago it was a more european typical thingy, the american continents also left the stoneage by now.

todays it is nothing out of the ordinary for any visiting country, and on the beach areas AT THE HOTELS is is fine to sunbath topless at all resort, family and adults only resorts alike.

at the pools it is at most resorts not allowed.

happy travels

Mike