We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been on the Outback Safari?

Vancouver,B.c.
Level Contributor
496 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been on the Outback Safari?

From all the reviews I have read it sounds like the Outback Safari is an excellent trip. Also I have read that many people bringing things for the children. Any recommendations of what to bring?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Anyone been on the Outback Safari?

thanx you have been helpful!

Vancouver,B.c.
Level Contributor
496 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anyone been on the Outback Safari?

thanks for the info...anyone else have any comments/suggestions?

toronto
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anyone been on the Outback Safari?

hey... just to let you know there are different names/tour operators for the same excursion.

i was looking for "outback safari" at my resort, they had "bavaro runners" instead. i was worried cuz based on recommendations here i really wanted to go on the outback safari. well - it's actually the same thing!

read my review in the thread - "bring gifts for the kids" for an idea on what to expect.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Anyone been on the Outback Safari?

most reps prefer bavaro runners over outback safari because of the commision.they are different i took them both

Middletown, OH
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Anyone been on the Outback Safari?

When we went to Puerto Plata, we went on the outback safari through FUN TOURS. They charged us $40 each. Another couple that went at the same time we did from another resort said they only paid $25 each. It was a very good time there was only about 8 of us. Instead of going to the island to swim we went to some falls that you climb to different levels.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Plata
Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic