We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Farmington, USA
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

Which one will the group suggest is better and why??? I am confused with all these online deals....

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

yes. A travel agent can be quite useful should any problems arise. Also, I get special perks from her since I am her best customer.

: D

Farmington, USA
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

Based on some advise I did ask local travel agents for quote being explicit what I was finding online....they STILL came back with higher prices.....urgh:-(

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

We've had a few bumps along the booking road over the many years, and the TA takes care of everything for us. I send her a quick email and she's right on it until any problem is solved. She also was able to go up the chain of command at Apple recently with a pricing issue with which I had some questions.

NEVER a fee charged for booking an Apple vacation package for us, whether we had already picked the resort or if she did the research to find us a choice of two or three we'd like in our price range.

She books for us, and when the docs come in, she usually invites us to lunch to give us our docs and brings us a nice little thank you gift as well. :-)

Also at the resort one time, there was a small problem with some documents that had been misplaced at checkin, I just told them I wanted to see the Apple Rep, they called her, and she did all the legwork needed and solved that problem for us. Plus we like their Apple guests beach parties, too.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

Bruce O,

I have been saying this forever, I never understood TA, stores,etc... who will price match after I did all the research, beat the price and I might take on your offer.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

LaTA,

I agree....totally worth every cent spent (which is no more than booking myself) and in the event of an emergency, there is NOTHING like someone advocating for you. I guess if you have never experienced an emergency while traveling, perhaps you can continue on with the false state of security but I cannot imagine what may have happened during the blizzard last February had we not had our wonderful (free of excess charges) TA on our side.

I'm impressed with the lunches tho....perhaps I'll mention that to MY TA!

Have a great day!

Wash DC
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

For the past 10 years I have been using cheapcarribean. It has always been cheaper than Apple/ Delta Vacations/travel agents out of Wash DC so I would have to suggest cheapcarribean:)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

LaTa,

Seems I have been missing the Apple beach parties and dinners. Is it because I have stopped going to those Apple welcome meetings with the rep the morning after we arrive? Also, do you have any idea why an apple was placed on our able at some of the ala cartes on our recent visit to PC?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

oceangirl wrote: LaTA,I agree....totally worth every cent spent (which is no more than booking myself)...>>>

Actually letting my TA do the work is, as you say, worth every cent, but it is a savings over booking it myself--my time is worth money too! :-)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

cheaptooth, I have not visited any of the resorts you reviewed, so I cannot say.

Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
915 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Funjets, apple vacation or cheapcarabean.com

cheaptoothfairy They do tell you about the beach party at the wellcome but its also posted at the beach they have it by the bathroom when you first get to the beach I think it was on Thursday