We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Room with a view/Ambar

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Room with a view/Ambar

My future to be and I were wondering what is a great room with a beach view at the Luxury Bahia Ambar....any comments? good or bad experiences?

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

For sure it is on the left hand side of building 67 as next to the Ambar is an undeveloped area with no resorts.

I don't believe it is the corner room, but very close to the front left side of the building. Building 60 corner room is 308 and since that picture for building 67 is 306 it is likely just 1 behind the corner room. Very possible the corner room in 67 matches 60 and would be 67308.

Looking closely at that picture on the right side you can kinda see part of another balcony which I would presume to be the room in front of it that would be the corner.

It is likely however if you get to far back on the left hand side (more to back left) that you would only see undeveloped area of trees and grass.

Edited: 10:17 pm, July 09, 2013
Pembroke, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

Thanks so much! I know exactly which section to request now! I really like the idea of looking out over the undeveloped area, it gives a sense of peace...going to bed now to dream of turquoise ocean...

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

Your welcome, may the ocean find you in your dreams :)

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

Just remember that the undeveloped area, if you are to sit on the balcony beware of the mozzies...our friends have that room and quickly had it changed as they could not sit on the balcony. That was in April, not sure how they are right now...

Room 67301 was awesome, best view in my opinion.

Have a wonderful time, hubby and I are trying to get 4 or 5 day trip to the Ambar next month - wish us luck!

Pembroke, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

Good luck!!! Hope you get to go! And thanks for the info, I did not think of the mosquitoes... This gives me lots of food for thought as we are not going until October...Maybe the best thing is to request a few different rooms, and hope to get one of them. I prefer the top floor so there is no noise above us, also not right where the tram runs. (I can see the tram stop from the resort map.) Cheers to all!

Georgina, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

Keep in mind that any view from the balcony on the second and third floor you will be standing and not sitting to get that view. How often do you plan on standing by your balcony railing. We had room 303 in building 64 and found the close proximity to the pool and the straight route to the lounge to be of more advantage. From our balcony we could see the ocean and the pool.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

Another fact is how long you plan on being in the room? I plan on being out on the beach and being part of the view and not looking at it. Gotta sort out the priorities.

Pembroke, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

How very true! I love sitting on the balcony and having a coffee first thing in the morning, taking in the view, then it's off to the beach for the day. I greatly appreciate everyone's input. Thanks again!!!

Georgina, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

Like I said luv when your sitting with your coffee you have no view. That's one of the reasons we liked our room cause the palms were right beside our balcony and it was nice to listen to the breeze rustle the branches.

20. Re: Best Room with a view/Ambar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 13, 2014