We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta cana

New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Punta cana

Can someone please recommend an adults only hotel? with nightlife

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Punta cana

Futzy, I hope your luck wishes work as good as Moe's weather wishes!!

What do you like to play when you gamble?

Maybe I need some tips!!!

Going to see Toby Keith at Country Fest in WI today!!

Yippee! And Carrie Underwood and Montgomery Gentry tomorrow.

Gotta go wash my greasy hair!

So I look good in my cowboy hat; lol!

Cya ~ Starz

Maryland
Level Contributor
392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Punta cana

Playa

I hear what you are saying about the kids issue. My fiance and I went to TGI Fridays in Gettysburg a few weeks back on Saturday at 9:00pm. We had a family of 4 sitting next to us. Their youngest proceeded to scream, throw his sippy cup on the floor repeatedly (mom found this as a fun game) bang his metal fork off the table and so on.... his sister, who wanted attention, screamed over him so her parents could hear her and they ignored both and talked to each other. After awhile I asked my fiance if he wanted to have our table moved because I guessed our meal would be ruined. (this all happened in the first 10 minutes we were there and we hadn't even been served the appetizer yet.) The mom jumped up with her kids and said to me "WE ARE LEAVING SO YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR MEAL" I was so stunned I didn't know what to say. My fiance, never missing a beat said "thanks we apprectiate it" as they walked out. The point is instead of dealing with the issue -- their misbehaving children -- they chose to be angry at us for not wanting to devlope their obvious ability to just ignore them. So yes -- Adults only or resorts that offer an adults only section is the way to go... holy moly, playa do we actually agree? I love it!!!!

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Punta cana

Collcoll...I understand what your saying. We have no children so I actually enjoy seeing well behaved kids on a trip. I get a kick out of watching them on the beach enjoying themselves and the expressions of their faces when they see something they like.

The point here is they don't have to be 100% perfect.....it's up to the parents to control their kids. I'll even talk or play with some of em if they approach me and the parents are ok with it. Usually they are and are thankful for some relief.

It's the rudeness of the parents not the kids that make it horrible for others. But would never rule out an adults only resort. Actually waiting for after the summer so the kids go back to school for our next trip.

Beverly, MA
Level Contributor
558 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Punta cana

Collcoll,

All of the planets are aligned!! LOL!!

Futzy, be careful......you're sensitive side is showing.

PlayaBoy

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Punta cana

Good point Playa...people might actually think I'm nice...grrrrrrrr.

From what I recall, I think people have said some other resorts are doing the adults only. But from the Secrets gang say that Secrets is romantic. There is a difference.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Punta cana

Hey Playa and CollColl,

So glad you are in agreement!

I have two children(19 and 11). With such an age gap, there are sometimes challenges when going anywhere. But, the bottom line is there are really no bad kids, there are only parents who parent badly.

As far as vacations go, I agree Playa. There are two types: family and couple. Both are equally enjoyable, but both have different sets of rules. When doing the family vacation, I am inclined to take them places where they will have fun, not where I will have fun. The vacation is all about what works as family time. This includes early dinner at a place that has a children's menu and avoiding drunken adults. While I enjoy a cold beverage, after they go to bed, I do not want my children exposed to drunks who are not using their "big kid words". This is why I really did not understand parents who allowed their children to float in their floaties while the parents were having a drink at the swim up bar.

Couple time is for the hubbie and me. This means I will smoke, drink and swing from the chandeliers because my children are either home with a babysitter or visiting the ex husband. I really resent paying for a babysitter to hear someone elses child scream.

I am not even going to touch on my views about children at Mass. Trust me, oftentimes, Mass attendance has been a test of faith. I will say no more, lest I need a priest to hear my confession.

Coll Coll,

The problem with Fridays is that it is a kid friendly restaurant. What the rude patrons forgot though, was that children should be taken at a decent hour. I always did dinner out from 5-7. No later than 7:00 p.m. I have often been so frustrated at Fridays that I no longer go there when I am having couple time.

Here is my bottom line: When I am wearing the "mommy hat", I give one hundred percent and when I am wearing the "couple" hat, I give one hundred percent. The two do need to be separate.

I am glad to hear Secrets is all adult. Perhaps, I will look into that, but I am glad the Majestic Colonial has an adults only swim up bar because I do not like drinking in front of my own kids, I certainly do not want to drink in front of someone else's

Courtesy is the key.

FUTZY,

Go ahead, I know you have something funny to say about my hats. LOLOL Need a good laugh.

PRIZE