We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscreen

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunscreen

Hi guys! Sorry for all of the last minute questions LOL I'm getting anxious. Anyways...just wanted to ask those of you who have experienced the DR sun. I'd like to come home with a nice tan, not with a horrible sunburn like I got in Mexico. (that was my fault though) Anyways, I've packed spf 15 sport and spf 30 sport. What I am wondering is if the 15 will be enough or would I be better off using the 30 all the time?

Thanks!

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Sunscreen

Thanks for your reply Moe. I usually don't have to use sunscreen either but I learned my lesson in Florida when I used the accelerator I normally use at home. I'm not fair skinned and have always tanned easily..and if I do get sunburned, it's usually tan by the next day and not very painful. I got burned pretty bad on my back in Mexico because it was one of those hazy days where you don't feel the heat of the sun. Obviously that didn't teach me a lesson until last summer in Florida. Guess sometimes we just have to learn the hard way LOL. I plan on using the 30 the first few days and see how that goes and then maybe lower it to a 15 if I'm pretty dark. We'll see. Again, thanks for the info!

Leaving in less than 24 hours YEAH!

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Sunscreen

I go to a tanning salon and feel that I don't burn that easy. Plus it's an even tan for the most part. That way I start off tan and apply sunscreen after a bit in the sun.

Moe, see what happens to you after going on the Jersey Shore for a tan. That's why I don't go there!

Your TA Pal

Futzy