We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back from ocean blue

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fleetville pa
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
just back from ocean blue

hola! for all who have been fretting over this resort, don't! the resort is absolutely beautiful! the staff is amazing and will get you anything that you need. see sandra or wellington in building 4. we stayed in villa 4 on the third floor. the room was lovely, all marble and decorated nicely. only complaint was lack of hot water. it was warm but not hot. nice balcony overlooking the pool. bed was wonderful. air conditioning worked fine, cable tv worked most of the time. we got hbo, cinemax, espn, and usa. the set up of the resort is very nice, easy to get around, but if you don't want to walk there are golf carts going by all the time. we enjoyed all the food in all the restaurants including the buffet, but our favorite was the mexican. room service is available 24/7, i called for champagne just about every night! the beach is great very large and plenty of chairs. sandra gave us several free things such as massages, horsebackriding, golf, banana boat ride. golf was nice, right outside resort and no one on the course! only nine holes completed so far but the course was challenging (for me at least!) horseback riding was fantastic! went to macao ranch about 20 min away. 2 hour ride or so and got to gallop along a beautiful beach. this was quite and aggressive ride so be prepared! not much in the way of nightime entertainment but we did go to lobby one night and had a great time listening to the sax player and then there was a keyboard player so we did some dancing. we were usually so tired after dinner that we were in bed by 10! all in all it was a wonderful vacation. we can't wait to go back! don't sweat the small stuff and have a great time! we did!

ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
111. Re: just back from ocean blue

Hi Barngoddess- just read your comments on the Ocean Blue Resort. Glad to hear some positive stuff. Lot of people complaining about everthing (including the rain, lol). My husband and I are going down on March 15 for two weeks and have asked for a second floor room overlooking the pool....good choice??? Is it more quiet in one area than the other with all the work going on? I've browsed around looking for pics and it seems that all the pics show the same thing. The only thing I don't get is the fact that different sites show different styles of rooms. Is one the jr suite and the other the deluxe room? I am sooo looking forward to getting down there to the sun and beach....way too much snow up here for me. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.