We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

darlington
Level Contributor
58 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

Hi! We are staying at the excellence punta cana for the first time in october, staying in a junior suite garden view. Does anyone have any room or block numbers they would recommend to have a nice view, preferably of ponds/fountains etc. We prefer a higher floor.

Thanks!

Sarah

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

We have stayed in building 11 a couple of times in a top floor room.

At the quieter end of the resort a couple of minutes walk to the main areas.

This year I think we will request a room around the cascade pool. Also a quiter area albeit at the other end of the resort.

You will love Excellence.

Check their website for a resort map.

B.C.
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

I was told bldg 2 and 3 would be the quietest on the Cascade pool side. We are going in July, also staying in a jr suite garden view. I requested a top floor in bldg 2 or 3 with a king bed - fingers crossed we will be happy with what we get!

darlington
Level Contributor
58 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

Thanks guys. If im requesting a room around the cascade pool is that still a garden view or a pool view? It looks fantastic i cant wait!

B.C.
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

I don't really know because it's our first time. Maybe someone else will let us know, but I think it's still garden view. I also heard about a wedding gazebo view by those bldgs and I've looked at the resort map. It seems like you would need ocean view for that.

DE Mark just got home from Excellence yesterday, so when he has time, he might have more details. The top floor sounds great with a vaulted ceiling!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

I prefer the lazy river pool side, just because I like that pool better. Buildings 2 and 3 on the cascade pool side are very nice though. On the lazy river side, I'd avoid 6 and 14. 6 is near the swim-up bar and the action, and some of 14 looks over a flea market. My favorite building is 10, which is Club. Top floor is great. The ceilings are vaulted, so they feel very spacious.

Mark

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,920 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

Marrrrrrrk!!!!!!!!! Welcome back and hope you had the bestest time.

Larry's fave wast bld 1 ground floor cascade. I found iy a bit noisy but fun. I love bldg 7 garden. Lovely palm tree view on floor three but if the elevator is out and it rains be careful. Bldg 3 was close enough for fun but quiet enough for sleep.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

Thanks Dawn,

There really isn't a bad room at Excellence. It's a matter of degree. But building 10 rocks!! An Excellence Suite Ocean View in building 3 is pretty darn nice though.

Mark

B.C.
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

I am tempted to see what it costs to upgrade to ocean view! We would probably pick that over the Excellence Club. But we might not upgrade anything, we'll see how it goes :-)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

BCLadybug1,

It's the same price to upgrade to a standard Ocean View as it is to upgrade to a Club Garden View. The Excellence Suite Ocean View is more. It's a larger suite, with a wrap around balcony looking in two directions. Very nice, but $130 upgrade per night. Tack on another $92 per night for Club for that type of room. A standard Ocean View with Club would cost $148 per night more than the Junior Suite Garden View non-Club, in September.

Personally, I'd pay for the Club upgrade before I'd pay for Ocean View. You're looking at the ocean all day long. I don't need to see it from my room. I'd rather have the perks of Club if I'm going to pay extra.

Mark

10. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Room Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 24, 2014