We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spatklers

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Spatklers

My family is traveling to Punta Cana the week of July 4th. We are from the US and it's our independence day. I was thinking of bringing sparklers for my kids to do on the beach. Do you think I will A. Have trouble at customs (I will pack them not carry on) and B. will it be ok with the resort if we do sparklers on the beach. Thanks! 😃

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Spatklers

Poop! I miss spelled sparklers 😝

Wilmington NC
Level Contributor
175 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Spatklers

No, you cannot take sparklers on a plane.

tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
8,479 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Spatklers

Those sparklers will definitely be electronically detected in your luggage and are absolutely prohibited, whether in a checked bag or a carry on! You risk arrest or at a minimum, being detained and denied boarding! Don't be foolish - leave them at home!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Spatklers

Oh my! Thanks for the info. I wasn't going to try if it wasn't allowed. Now I know it's not not I will for sure leave them at home. Thanks again!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
5. Re: Spatklers

There are termed as Dangerous Air Cargo (DAC).

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
6. Re: Spatklers

and a resort would not allow such in the middle of their guests/on the beach, as not everyone is celebrating that day. if you visit a mostly USamerican visited resort, then you may get lucky that they do a resort organized fireworks or such to celebrate july 4th.

as for "Dominican Rules", all Beaches are considered Public Property, and the use of firecrackers and similar thingies is restricted to december 31st Midnight and only accepted in the hands of adults.

in the touristy regions even the resorts have to get a permit first to be allowed to run such.

as stated above, highly prohibited on Airtravel.

have a fantastic stay

Mike

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,350 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Spatklers

I think before you go you should thoroughly read the TSA guidelines.

8. Re: Spatklers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 20, 2014