We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Iberostar to choose from.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portugal
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Iberostar to choose from.

Hi!

I've ask a question a few days ago and i'm now decided to choose a Iberostar hotel.

I've heard Iberostar Bavaro is the best. Is that true?

If you are at Iberostar Bavaro, can you go to the other ones as well as I think they are side by side?

Thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Iberostar to choose from.

If you're at the Iberostar Bavaro, you can use all the facilities (restaurants, pools, etc) and services in both Punta Cana and Dominicana. If you're at PC, you can use Dominicana and if you're at Dominicana, you can only use Dominicana. So yes, Bavaro gives you access to everything except the Grand Bavaro which is adults only and gets the use of all 3 as well (Bavaro, PC, Dominicana).

Portugal
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Iberostar to choose from.

Have you been there? Is it too crowded in august?

manchester england
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Iberostar to choose from.

jrbb0309 if your at dominicana you can also use the punta cana. if the price is right take the bavaro, i wouldnt say its a huge difference from the dominicana or punta cana main thing being slightly better food and drinks and swimup bar if thats important to you and rooms are in blocks of eight rather than the big hotel type block of the pc/dominicana.

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Iberostar to choose from.

Thanks for clearing that up. The brochure I'm looking at (Canadian) has it the way I put it but I'm finding a lot of these brochures have errors. For example, one says that at IB you can only have a King or a Queen bed in the junior suites (which makes no sense) while all the others say a King or 2 doubles. So weird.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,845 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Iberostar to choose from.

Many would consider the Iberostar Grand Bavaro to be the best, but it's a whole lot more expensive and is adults only. The step below that is IBB - which was always one of the top rated resorts until the IBG and others like SRB and Ambar popped up. Guests at IGB have access to ALL the IB properties. IBB guests can use all but IGB. IBD-IBPC guests can use only those two, interchangeably (yes!!! IBD guests can of course use IBPC at will).

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Iberostar to choose from.

Mari book the Bavaro and have the option using the other 2 but you may be quite content with your Bavaro.

Yes we have been there but not in August. Currently about to book 2 weeks in dec but waiting for a call today to confirm. Are you travelling for a 1 week or more?

Portugal
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Iberostar to choose from.

I'm travelling for a week only.

I'm travelling with my family (parents and brother, all grown ups).

I really consider the reviews and score of TripAdvisor when I book a vacation. I find it to be very helpfull.

We have never been to anywhere near Punta Cana before and we have never been to an all inclusive before.

Its a little over the bugdet we usually spend on vacations but I hope it will be totally different.

I thought about an adult only resort but IDK.

Hope it's good. Or else i'll blame it on you guys and tripadvisor! :)

Edited: 10:51 am, June 18, 2013
8. Re: Which Iberostar to choose from.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 20, 2014